ENG-W vs ARG-W Dream11 Prediction | Women’s FIH Pro League Match Preview | Fantasy Team, Team News
Las Leonas are all set to face Great Britain in London this Saturday for another resurgent FIH Pro League match. Unbeatable recently, Argentina’s women team has not lost a single game in their last eight matches and they must be brimming with confidence. While England who looked strong at times in their home FIH pro league matches has struggled a lot in the series. Till now GB has been able to win only one match out eight they have played so far.
The last time these two teams met was in April when despite giving a close fight, it was Las Leonas who emerged victorious by 4-2. After England, the Las Leonas will have only three matches left in the FIH Pro League and currently sitting on No.2 they wouldn’t want to risk losing any points.
Match Details: When & Where
18 May 2019,
Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre, London
Head to Head (Since 2013)
In previous 13 matches
Total Wins By
Total Goals by
ENG-W vs ARG-W Team News
- England’s women hockey coach Mark Hager has announced a 21- member team for their next fixture.
- Susannah Townsend, the Rio 2016 gold medallist will make her first appearance in the FIH Pro League. The attacking midfielder of GB sustained an injury in 2018 eluding herself from the game for 6 months.
- Grace Balsdon who is also in the squad will be registering her career 50 international caps and can be proved quite beneficient for the team.
- Izzy Petter who is just 18-years old is also selected in the squad and has quite a possibility to make her international debut this time.
- Players who couldn’t make it to the team this time are Alex Malzer and Nicki Cochrane and in their place, Jo Hunter, Sabbie Heesh and Sarah Jones have gotten a chance into the squad.
- Bianca Donati who returned into the in the last match against the USA after a knee injury will continue to play in the next fixture against England.
- Paula Ortiz got injured last time and is still not yet confirmed to play for the next game yet. On her place, Victoria Granatto was given a chance who also placed two goals for Argentina.
- Overall the squad will remain the same as the previous match and the same squad will play the next two match.
SL vs SCO Dream11 Prediction | Scotland vs Sri Lanka 1st ODI Match Preview, Team News, Playing 11
Argentina Women Hockey Squad –Florencia Mutio, Silvina D’Elía, Valentina Costa Biondi, Sofia Toccalino, Lucina Von der Heyde, Victoria Sauze, Agostina Alonso, Bianca Donati, Julieta Jankunas, Agustina Albertarrio, Carla Rebecchi, Priscila Jardel, Micaela Retegui, Agustina Habif, Rosario Luchetti, Paula Ortiz, Cristina Cosentino, Victoria Miranda
Great Britain Women’s Hockey squad:
Giselle Ansley, Grace Balsdon, Amy Costello, Emily Defroand, Sarah Evans, Sabbie Heesh, Tess Howard, Jo Hunter, Sarah Jones, Hannah Martin, Lily Owsley, Hollie Pearne-Webb, Izzy Petter, Suzy Petty , Ellie Rayer, Sarah Robertson, Erica Sanders, Amy Tennant, Anna Toman, Susannah Townsend, Laura Unsworth
ENG-W vs ARG-W Dream11 Team
Argentina fantasy picks: Carla Rebecchi, Silvina D’Elía, Sofia Toccalino, Agustina Albertarrio, Agustina Habif, Julieta Jankunas, and Rosario Luchetti
England fantasy picks: A Tennant, G Ansley, G Balsdon and S Jones
vs Players Records
- Carla Rebecchi: who was the Player of the Match in the previous game against the USA is likely to show another attacking play in the next fixture. The forward player of the team has scored 2 goals in the ongoing series.
- In the previous match, she scored one goal and played a stellar role in creating two goals for Victoria Grannato .
- Julieta Jankunas: who is permanent headaches for the opponents has the highest goals from her team in FIH Pro League i.e., 4 goals.
- Augustina Alberto who made her come back after a muscle discomfort has also scored a goal in the previous match and helped her team lead in the first half by 1-0.
- Grace Balsdon drive a straight shot from the penalty and scored a goal against Argentina. This time it will be her career’s 50th international appearance.
- The other player to score a goal for GB last time against Argentina was Sarah Jones who is a talented midfielder of the team.
- G Balsdon has the highest interception points (4) from her team and a total of 18 passes in the ongoing FIH Pro League.
This ENG-W vs ARG-W Dream11 Hockey Prediction is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above basis ENG-W vs ARG-W team news. Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update of the ENG-W vs ARG-W Dream11 Team Prediction.
Captain choices: Julieta Jankunas, Carla Rebecchi, and S Jones
Watch all the fun and IPL Masala on our YouTube Channel India Fantasy