PHO vs DAL Dream11 Prediction WNBA Live Fantasy Basketball Dream11 Team, Top Picks and Tips for Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings
Updated on: Aug 13, 2022 1:36 am IST
PHO vs DAL Dream11: The Playoffs picture in the WNBA is scintillating. The Aces, the Sky, the Sun, the Storm, the Mystics, and the Wings have made it to the top six seedings while there is a four-way tie for the last two spots between the Mercury, the Lynx, the Liberty, and the Dream. The Phoenix Mercury will be in action as they take on the Dallas Wings.
The Mercury has completely lost their way and after reaching the Finals last season, the team is in total disarray. Somehow they remain in the running for the Playoffs and enter the game after losing to the Lynx 77-86 despite a 24 points night by Sophie Cunningham.
The Wings may not be an elite team but a 17 wins and 17 losses record(50% win) isn’t surprising. They went on a five-game winning streak to seal a Playoffs place but come into the game after losing to the Liberty 73-91 despite a 19 points night by Mabrey.
The Mercury and the Wings have met twice, with both teams winning each game.
Home: Phoenix Mercury
Visitors: Dallas Wings
Match Timing: 13 August, @ 07:30 AM (+05:30 UTC)
Venue: Footprint Center
WNBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Mercury’s nightmare season
Brittney Griner remains thousands of miles away in jail, Diana Taurasi is going to miss the rest of the season, Skylar Diggins-Smith’s contract was suspended and Tina Charles left around mid-season, the star-studded Mercury has completely imploded. Sophie Cunningham’s breakout season has fallen victim to a fallen apart Mercury. Even if they make the Playoffs, it doesn’t seem they have the tools and chemistry to compete, or can the reserve unit show something special?
Wings can be even better
When Arike Ogunbowale went down with injury, the ball moved well for the Wings and their depth was in full flow. With a shot-creator and sharpshooter like Marina Mabrey, they have done well. Teaira McCowan’s rim production has been incredible while Allisha Gray can be effective too. Rookie Veronica Burton is finding her feet while Kayla Thornton’s production has been impactful and can be a big difference-maker.
Highest scorer: Marina Mabrey: 22
Highest rebounder: Teaira McCowan: 12
Top assists maker: Veronica Burton: 7
Score Prediction: Wings: 87 Mercury: 79
Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Dream11 WNBA Live, Team News, and Lineups
Dallas Wings Teams News:
- Satou Sabally is OUT.
- Arike Ogunbowale remains OUT.
Wings Expected Starting Five
Defensive Forward: F: Kayla Thornton
Inside Threat: C: Teaira McCowan
Two-Way Guard: G: Allisha Gray
Sharpshooter: SG: Marina Mabrey
Defensive Specialist: PG: Veronica Burton
BENCH: Tyasha Harris, Charli Collier, Awak Kuier, Isabelle Harrison, Jasmine Dickey.
Phoenix Mercury Teams News:
- Brittney Griner, Kia Nurse, Diana Taurasi are OUT.
- Skylar Diggins-Smith is no longer a part of the Mercury
Mercury Expected Starting Five
Post-Defensive Forward: F: Brianna Turner
Defensive Threat and Off-Ball Shooter: G/F: Sophie Cunningham
Two-Way Energy Bunny: G: Shey Peddy
Rugged Guard: G: Jennie Simms
Isolation Threat: SG: Diamond DeShields
BENCH: Megan Gustafson, Reshanda Gray, Yvonne Turner, Sam Thomas.
WNBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Guard Mabrey has been on fire lately and she is having a fantastic season, using awesome dribble moves and an amazing shooting stroke. I believe she will be in 20-27 points and 4-6 assists range. She can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 Prediction scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 34-45
Guard Peddy has been doing a great job on the scoring, rebounding, and defending and has been a great presence on both ends. I believe she will be in 15-21 points, 4-7 rebounds, and 1-3 steals range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-44
McCowan has been one of the best rebounders and unstoppable in terms of scoring in the paint. I believe she will be in 14-19 points, 10+ rebounds, and 1-3 blocks range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-42
Guard Sophie can nail the outside shoot and she is having a breakout season, constantly improving with each game. I believe she will be in 18+ points, 4-6 rebounds, and 1-3 steals range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 27-37
Guard Gray deals most of the damage off-the-ball while giving great cover on the defensive end, which has been a huge factor. I believe she will be in 12-18 points and 4-6 rebounds range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 19-31
DeShields’ role has increased in the absence of Diggins-Smith and Taurasi, which means she will see the ball a lot in her hands. I believe she will be in 14-20 points, 5-8 assists, and 1-2 steals range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 20-35
PHO vs DAL DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Brianna Turner(PHO) had 2 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 1 steal in the last game. Forward Turner has given solid defense and rebounding but she is not an assertive offensive performer. I believe she will be in 2-6 points, 6-10 rebounds, and 1-2 blocks/steals range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 17-27
- Veronica Burton(DAL) had 15 points, 4 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal in her last game. Guard Burton is an elite defender whose offensive is improving as a starter. I believe she will be in 8-13 points, 4-7 assists, and 1-3 steals range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 17-31
- Kayla Thornton(DAL) had 2 points, 2 rebounds in the last game. Forward Thornton has given quality minutes recently but her offense is icnosnsitent. I believe she will be in 8-13 points, 5-8 rebounds, and 1-3 blocks/steals range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 18-30
- Jennie Sims(PHO) had 4 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal in the last game. Sims can give solid defense but her offense is wayward. I believe she will be in 3-8 points, 3-6 rebounds, and 1-2 steals range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 10-20
- Awak Kueir(DAL) had 3 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block in the last game. Athletic Awak is a solid defender but her offense needs polish. I believe she will be in 4-6 points, 4-6 rebounds, and 1-2 blocks/steals range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 8-15
- Megan Gustafson(PHO) had 15 points, 2 rebounds in the last game. Gustafson can get big minutes. I believe she will be in 8-12 points and 3-5 rebounds range.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 10-20
- Ty Harris(DAL) had 2 points, 1 rebound in the last game. Ty’s outside shooting has been off these days.
PHO vs DAL Dream11 Team
PG: S Peddy, V Burton
SG: M Mabrey(PP)
SF: D DeShields, A Gray
PF: K Thornton, S Cunningham
C: T McCowan(SP)
PG: S Peddy(PP), V Burton
SG: M Mabrey
SF: D DeShields, A Gray
PF: S Cunningham
C: T McCowan(SP), B Turner
Where to watch WNBA Live Score?
How will the battle lines be drawn when Marina Mabrey takes on Sophie Cunningham? You can catch this scintillating battle on the WNBA League Pass a place to get hold of all the live games and you can also watch the full-game replays. To know the scores, news, and stats, go to the official website of the WNBA. Highlights can be seen on the official YouTube channel of the WNBA.