LAC vs MEM Dream11 Prediction NBA Live Fantasy Basketball Dream11 Team, Top Picks and Tips for LA Clippers vs Memphis Grizzlies
Updated on: Jan 8, 2022 7:22 am IST
LAC vs MEM Dream11: COVID-19 has done its fair damage to the day-to-day lives of people and well, the athletes have faced a multitude of challenges ever since they have had to face waves after waves. A tough testing regime and a brutal quarantine window have disrupted the rhythm of many teams but the league has ensured that the action keeps going on and that is why we are here!
And we are here to discuss the Western Conference tussle between the Los Angeles Clippers and the Memphis Grizzlies. Clippers have 19 wins and 20 losses whereas the Grizzlies have been on fire with 26 wins and 14 losses. Well, with the way things are going, the Grizzlies look like they will have a stronger finish than the Clippers.
The Clippers have been playing without Kawhi Leonard all season long and now their second superstar in Paul George hasn’t been playing. That means there top two major scorers and defenders are out that is why their record is not surprising at all. Still, with some veteran players, they have done a decent job of staying competitive.
The Grizzlies have won eight in a row and they have emphatic ever since December. This is a remarkable turnaround from late November when they had around 50% wins and now the team has made huge strides defensively. Memphis has beaten elite teams on the way to this impressive streak.
Host: Los Angeles Clippers
Visitors: Memphis Grizzlies
Match Timing: 9 January, @ 02:00 AM
Venue: Staples Center
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Clippers: Need more from Mann, Bledsoe, and Ibaka
Marcus Morris has been the major scorer for the Clippers and his 20+ outings prove that he is the go-to option on the offensive end. On the other hand, Reggie Jackson continues to pour in 15+ points but his efficiency has been significantly hit. Mann, Ibaka, and Batum have not gone past 10 points as much as they should, which has hurt the offensive production significantly while the makeshift bench composed of Winslow, Coffey, and Brandon Boston has been inconsistent too. Overall, the Clippers are craving some consistency in terms of efficiency and this is time that Mann, Bledsoe, and Ibaka give more on the offensive end.
Grizzlies: Are they in for something special?
What has made the Grizzlies winning run impressive since December has been that they have beaten elite teams like the Suns and Nets, making sure that their run is not considered a fluke. Their offense was effective at the beginning of the season but it is their defense that has helped them eke out wins after wins. Memphis can employ Ja Morant as a 25+ points isolation threat, use Desmond Bane in pick and roll scenarios along with Adams, plus Brandon Clarke, Kyle Anderson, Tyus Jones, DeAnthony Melton make for a strong bench as some of these players can start for other teams. The Grizzlies are deep, they have found clarity regarding roles as the season has gone on and their defense has improved significantly.
Los Angeles Clippers | Memphis Grizzlies
Games: 39| 40
Wins: 19| 24
Defeats: 20| 16
Los Angeles Clippers vs Memphis Grizzlies NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Los Angeles Clippers Team News:
- Kawhi Leonard is OUT and has no timetable to return at the time of writing.
- Paul George is OUT and can end up missing a month due to his injury.
- Isaiah Hartenstein is OUT and he doesn’t have the timetable to return
- Ivica Zubac, Xavier Moon, Luke Kennard are in the COVID-19 protocols at the time of writing this article
- Jason Preston is OUT and potentially will not feature all season long.
Clippers Expected Starting Five
Wing: PF: Marcus Morris
Middle: PF: Serge Ibaka
Guards: PG: Reggie Jackson SG: Terance Mann SG: Eric Bledsoe
BENCH: Jay Scrubb, Nicolas Batum, Moses Wright, James Ennis III, Justise Winslow, Keon Johnson, Amir Coffey, Brandon Boston Jr.
Memphis Grizzlies News
- Kyle Anderson, John Konchar, Xavier Tillman are listed as OUT.
Grizzlies Expected Starting Five
Wing: SF: Dillon Brooks
Frontline: PF: Jaren Jackson Jr. C: Steven Adams
Guards: SG: Desmond Bane, PG: Ja Morant
BENCH: Jarrett Culver, Tyus Jones, Brandon Clarke, DeAnthony Melton, DeQuan Jeffries, Santi Aldama, Jon Tseke, Dakota Mathias, Killian Tillie.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Ja has been having another fantastic scoring season and well, his rebounding, playmaking, and defense have also been effective. The guard has scored 20+ points, grabbed 4+ rebounds, and dished 5+ assists a game continually this season. Ja can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 39-53
Jackson is a much-needed player for the Clippers at the one guard spot and his ability to break down defenses in isolation situations make him a brilliant scorer. Reggie has scored in the 15-19 points range mostly but I feel he may need to go past 20 more often for Clippers to win more.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 27-38
Dillon Brooks (MEM)
Brooks has missed around half of the games this season but when he plays, watch out for him as he can both score and also play lockdown defense. The Guard has usually scored in the 17-23 points range and has grabbed 1-3 steals a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-40
Desmond Bane(MEM) who missed the last game has continually scored in the 20+ points range and has become one of the best scorers in the league.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-40
Marcus Morris Sr.(LAC)
Morris is having one of the best if not the best season of his career. He has scored 20 or more during most games for the Clippers since December. The Forward has continually figured in the 20-26 points and 5-10 rebounds range per game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 33-44
Adams was a superb pick-up in the offseason and he has worked wonders with the current Grizzlies system, making them one of the best offensive rebounding units. The Center has clasped 11-14 rebounds in each of the last four games.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 26-32
Bledsoe has done a great job of playing at the guard position for the Clippers. eric has scored 10+ points, grabbed 3+ rebounds, and dished 4+ assists a game regularly this season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 17-31
LAC vs MEM DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Serge Ibaka(LAC) had 8 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block in the last game. While it is true that Ibaka has now moved towards the twilight of his career, with Zubac out, 6-9 points and 5-8 rebounds range look possible.
- Jaren Jackson Jr(MEM) had 11 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal in the last game. Jaren’s scoring is down since mid-December but he can still notch 10-15 points and grab 5+ reboounds, 1+ block on a regular basis.
- Terance Mann(LAC) had 8 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists in the last game. Terance has been inconsistent this season, he has mostly scored in 6-9 points range but has had some 15+ nights too lumped in between
- Brandon Clarke(MEM) had 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. The big-Forward has picked up his game, scoring 11-16 points and grabbing 4-9 rebounds a game recently.
- Brandon Boston Jr.(LAC) had 10 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 1 block in the last contest. Brandon hasn’t been efficient but has given some 10+ points productions.
- Amir Coffey(LAC) had 8 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist in the last contest. Coffey has scored 8 or more in six games straight now.
- Justise Winslow (LAC) had 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals in the last contest. He has scored 8 or more in three of the last five games and has grabbed 4-8 rebounds a game recently.
- Tyus Jones(MEM) had 14 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists in the last game. The reserve guard doesn’t usually score around 14 but is a viable bench option.
- Nicolas Batum(LAC) had 1 point, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks in the last game. Batum has been down in terms of scoring, not scoring around 10 for a long time now.
- DeAnthony Melton(MEM) had 4 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal in the last game. Melton has scored 10+ points in a bunch of games this season while grabbing 3-9 rebounds a game regularly.
LAC vs MEM Dream11 Team
PG: R Jackson, J Morant(SP)
SG: D Bane(PP)
SF: D Brooks
PF: M Morris, J Jackson
C: S Adams, S Ibaka
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
Since TV channels and streaming services such as VH1, MTV, Voot, and JIO TV are not going to telecast or stream the games, I will hum the same tune to the NBA diehards. Well, just forget the hassle of waiting for particular games and get the NBA League Pass’s Annual subscription to watch all games live and also catch the full game replays. To have an idea about the score, go to the official website of the NBA.