| On Jan 9, 2022 1:13 PM IST

LAL vs MEM Dream11 Prediction NBA Live Fantasy Basketball Dream11 Team, Top Picks and Tips for LA Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies

Share

LAL vs MEM Dream11: Yes COVID-19 has strongly etched itself in the world right now, disrupting the way we do things and the NBA has also changed the way it does business. The flexibility to sign replacement players to overcome COVID-19 cases within the roster and the relaxed quarantine rules have contributed to easing the load significantly. And that is why we are here, discussing the tussle between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Memphis Grizzlies.

Lakers have 21 wins and 19 losses, are currently on a four-game winning streak, and playing some of their best basketball recently, largely on the back of LeBron James. This game is a true test for what the Lakers are all about and if Morant, Bane, Jackson, Brooks, Jones, and Brandon Clarke play for Memphis, they are going to have their hands full.

Grizzlies are on an eight-game winning streak. They have played some amazing basketball since December and if we accommodate games since the December window, no one has won as much as Memphis in that period, beating the Phoenix Suns, the best record holder season-wise along the way too.

Host: Los Angeles Lakers
Visitors: Memphis Grizzlies
Match Timing: 10 January, @ 08:00 AM
Venue: Staples Center

NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis

Lakers: LeBron and Monk are scorching hot
LeBron James is scoring even more than last season and has proven once again, that the current pace and space era doesn’t bother him that much as he continues to showcase his full offensive armory game in and game out. The Forward has started at the Center position too and that change has worked out for the team big-time. On the other hand, Monk has been pouring fire from long range and has also made some scintillating dunks. With Carmelo as the bench Forward, the team has no short supply on the offensive end. Westbrook has helped the matters on the rebounding end and if he gets together his offense and doesn’t turn the ball over much, the Lakers can extend their four-game winning streak further. Yes, their defense is vulnerable but their offense can make up for it as it is clicking right now.

Grizzlies: Depth in full flow
Grizzlies won the last game without their leading scorer Morant and their leading rebounder Adams. Not a surprise at all! This is a team that won eight in a row without Ja Morant and with Bane, Jackson, and Jones, the team can still employ an effective scheme on both ends. Memphis’ improved defense is the main reason why they have made such headways recently and with their guard depth of Bane, Morant, Jones, and Melton paired up with a frontline of Jackson, Adams in the frontline, and with wings like Anderson and Clarke, the Grizzlies have been playing incredible basketball. They have athletic players who can contest shots and if the Memphis Grizzlies keep rolling like this, well, even teams like Warriors and Suns can be in for a beating in the postseason!

Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies Prediction

Grizzlies beat the Lakers 104-99 the last time two teams met. You’d fancy the Grizzlies in this one too but the Lakers have been playing some incredible basketball. I think the Grizzlies have a 55% chance of winning while the Lakers 45%.

Los Angeles Lakers | Memphis Grizzlies
Games: 40| 41
Wins: 21| 27
Defeats: 19| 14

Los Angeles Lakers vs Memphis Grizzlies NBA Live, Team News and Lineups

Los Angeles Lakers Team News

  • Anthony Davis is OUT for the game and his timetable to return is still unclear
  • Kendrick Nunn is OUT For the match and without a timetable to return.
  • LeBron James is PROBABLE for this game

Lakers Expected Starting Five

Wing: SF: Stanley Johnson
Middle: C: LeBron James
Guards: SG: Avery Bradley SG: Malik Monk PG: Russell Westbrook

BENCH: Carmelo Anthony, Talen Horton-Tucker, Trevor Ariza, Deandre Jordan, Wayne Ellington, Kent Bazemore, Dwight Howard, Sekou Doumbouya.

Memphis Grizzlies News

  • Steven Adams, Kyle Anderson, John Konchar, Yves Pons, Xavier Tillman are listed as OUT.

Grizzlies Expected Starting Five
Wing: SF: Dillon Brooks
Frontline: PF: Jaren Jackson Jr. C: Killian Tillie
Guards: SG: Desmond Bane, PG: Ja Morant

BENCH: Jarrett Culver, Tyus Jones, Brandon Clarke, DeAnthony Melton, DeQuan Jeffries, Santi Aldama, Jon Tseke, Dakota Mathias, Killian Tillie.

NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks

Ja Morant(MEM) missed the last game but is likely to play in this one. The All-Star guard has scored 25+ points and has dished 6-8 assists in many games this season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 39-53

LeBron James(LAL)
Points: 32
Rebounds: 08
Assists: 09
Steals: 04
Blocks: 03
LeBron is second in points per game tally this season and to be honest, I don’t think apart from Durant, any other SF can continue to play like him till this age. The basketball giant has lodged 30+ points since late December while grabbing 7+ rebounds, dishing 8+ assists, and notching a bunch of steals and blocks. LBJ can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy

scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 60-78

Desmond Bane(MEM)
Points: 23
Rebounds: 07
Assists: 04
Steals: 02
Blocks: 01
Young Bane has inserted himself as an All-Star Level player and his ability to create offense and also play off-the-ball. He has been scoring in the 20s recently and can even pass the 30 points mark at times.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 40-53

Russell Westbrook(LAL)
Points: 09
Rebounds: 11
Assists: 13
Westbrook is still looking for rhythm but after turning it over 5 or more times per game recently, he has done a much better job of cutting down on coughing up the ball. The Guard has had some 20+ points games, 10+ rebounds, and 10+ assists nights but yes, he can score under 15 every now and then.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 33-44

Jaren Jackson Jr.(MEM)
Points: 26
Rebounds: 08
Assists: 03
Blocks: 05
Steals: 03
Jaren Jackson has been a little inconsistent offensively but I think the main reason for that is that when Morant and Bane play together, he finds the ball fewer times in his hands. Jackson has usually dipped in 11-17 points when Morant and Bane are playing.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-59

Malik Monk(LAL)
Points: 29
Rebounds: 04
Assists: 03
Steals: 02

Malik has played some of the best basketball of his career recently and now one can see why he attracted LeBron’s attention last season. Monk has scored 20+ in the majority of the games since mid-December.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 33-42

LAL vs MEM DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS

  • Carmelo Anthony(LAL) had 17 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals in the last game. Anthony continues to be an effective bench player and the legendary scorer has scored 14-17 points in quite a lot of games recently.
  • Brandon Clarke(MEM) had 18 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks in the last game. Brandon is in mid-season form and has scored in the 11-18 range recently while grabbing 4+ rebounds a game.
  • Talen Horton-Tucker(LAL) had 21 points, 5 assists, 1 rebound, 2 steals in the last game. After scoring in 4-10 range in some games recently, Talen has lodged 19 or more in two games straight.
  • DeAnthony Melton(MEM) had 8 points, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals in the last game. Melton is getting his conditioning back offensively but has done well in terms of handing over assists and clasping boards.
  • Brandon Boston Jr.(LAL) had 10 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 1 block in the last contest. Brandon hasn’t been efficient but has given some 10+ points productions.
  • Avery Bradley(LAL) had 21 points, 6 rebounds in the last contest. Bradley usually scores in the 6-9 range but can have 15+ scoring nights every now and then.
  • Stanley Johnson(LAL) had 3 points 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block in the last contest. Forget the stats, Stanley has injected a lot of life in the starting five and has given hustle to the Lakers.
  • Tyus Jones(MEM) had 18 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists in the last game. Tyus is unlikely to get in the range above if Morant plays as it will reduce his minutes. A 5-9 points and 2-5 assists range is more likely in that case..

LAL vs MEM Dream11 Team

PG: R Westbrook(PP)
SG: M Monk, D Melton, D Bane
SF: L James(SP)
PF: J Jackson, B Clarke
C:    K Tillie


If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.

Where to watch NBA Live Score?

As TV channels and streaming services such as VH1, MTV, Voot, and JIO TV are neither going to telecast or stream this game, I will repeat the same thing to the Indian viewers. Forget the hassle of waiting for just one game here and there and rather get the NBA League Pass’s Annual subscription to catchall games live and also have the full game replays. To know what is the score, go to the official website of the NBA. For highlights, simply visit the official YouTube channel of the NBA.

Shubham Singh

Basketball is an intense sport and NBA has the most varied talents in the world. I like analysing basketball and uncover the nuances that dictate the game.

RELATED ARTICLES