LAL vs MIN Dream11 Prediction NBA Live, Fantasy Basketball Dream11 Team, Top Picks and Tips for LA Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves
Updated on: Jan 2, 2022 12:18 pm IST
LAL vs MIN Dream11: The pandemic has once again stalled the balance of the NBA and it keeps on ravaging the teams as multiple players go missing overnight. But such is the scenario in which we have to undertake the practise of predicting the lineups or writing about different teams. But here we are again, talking about the game between Los Angeles Lakers and the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Lakers have been playing some decent basketball but then a team with LeBron and Westbrook isn’t expected to just be “decent”. They have fared better in the last few games compared to earlier and their recent play on the offense has been intimidating, however the defensive end continues to be the weakness in this long NBA season.
\Timberwolves, on the other hand, have been missing key players like Karl Anthony-Towns and D’Angelo Russell, both of whom provide offensive balance. Now, with Anthony Edwards and Patrick Beverley along with Jarred Vanderbilt, the team does have three starters but yes, the defense has been struggling for the Wolves since mid-November or so.
Host: LA Lakers
Visitors: Minnesota Timberwolves
Match Timing: 3 January, @ 08:00 AM
Venue: Staples Center
NBA Projections, Stats & Analysis
Lakers: Where do they go from here?
Lakers have been unable to string together a winning streak this season and the main reason for that in my opinion has been a lack of defense. The team lacks a prototypical Center or even a prototypical big Forward right now and that can hurt against elite teams. LA Lakers have been struggling at the defensive end way too much and they have allowed even so-so offensive teams to stack up 115+ points on a regular basis. On offense, LeBron has been the hottest hand, scoring 30 or so like he has found the fountain of youth while Westbrook continues to spread his all-around wealth. Malik Monk and Carmelo Anthony have been stable offensive options throughout the season so offense is not much of an issue. With Stanley Johnson, Austin Reaves, Talen Horton-Tucker in the mix, the team needs more out of Talen.
Timberwolves: No rhythm like the Lakers
Minnesota has been struggling like the Lakers, unable to string together wins on a regular basis. The issue has been on the defensive end and that was before Edwards, Towns, and Russell collectively missed games. For the Minnesota squad, the inability to close out games and the lack of late defensive pressure have been two main issues I feel. Offensively, they have decent depth, and Malik Beasley, McDaniels, and Jaylen Nowell have all risen up for significant contributions lately. I think the Minnesota team can get it together once they have restored their starters even in this insecure climate.
LA Lakers | Minnesota Timberwolves
Games: 37| 35
Wins: 18| 21
Defeats: 19| 14
LA Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Live, Team News and Lineups
Los Angeles Lakers Team News
- Anthony Davis is OUT for the game and will return around late January or early February
- Kendrick Nunn is OUT For the match and without a timetable to return.
- Wayne Ellington is QUESTIONABLE for this contest.
Lakers Expected Starting Five
Wings : SF: LeBron James SF: Stanley Johnson
Guards: SG: Avery Bradley SG: Malik Monk PG: Russell Westbrook
BENCH: Carmelo Anthony, Talen Horton-Tucker, Trevor Ariza, Deandre Jordan, Wayne Ellington, Kent Bazemore, Dwight Howard, Sekou Doumbouya.
Minnesota Timberwolves Teams News:
- No injuries have been reported so far.
Timberwolves Expected Starting Five
Wing: SF: Anthony Edwards
Middle: PF: Jarred Vanderbilt C: Naz Reid
Guards: SG: Malik Beasley PG: Patrick Beverley
BENCH: Jaden McDaniels, Jordan McLaughlin, Greg Monroe, Taurean Prince, Josh Okogie, Leandro Bolmaro, Jaylen Novell, Nathan Knight, Jake Layman.
NBA Scores, Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Edwards is one of the most promising scorers in the league and he has made sure that the Minnesota outfit gets a continuous production from him. The wing has scored in the 22-26 points range on a regular clip.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 34-47
LeBron James (LAL )
James has been playing some of his best basketball recently. He has also seen a great uptick in his rebounding and playmaking but it is scoring ability. He has scored 30 or more in many games and his 43 points were a season-high for him personally. He can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 61-74
Beasley has picked up his game in absence of aces like Russell and Towns. Now, he is in a bigger role so a 20+ production on the offense is expected out of him on a regular basis. Malik has scored 20 or more in four of the last five games.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 28-37
Russell Westbrook(LAL )
Westbrook has been one of the best all-around players in the world and his playmaking has seen a further jump from mid-December. He has turned it over quite a bit but he has made some key buckets too for his team. Westbrook usually figures in the 15-25 points, 8-14 rebounds, and 8-13 assists a game.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 41-57
Malik Monk(LAL )
Malik is one of the best scorers on this Lakers team and he is doing a great job at lining up shots from both long-range and within the perimeter. Malik has scored in the 18-25 points range on a regular basis.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 27-33
Beverley is a fighter on the defensive end and has also acted as the primary playmaker at the offensive end. The guard has hovered in the 8-12 points and 6-8 assists a game range throughout the season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 22-40
LAL vs MIN DREAM11 LINEUP BALANCERS
- Carmelo Anthony(LAL) compiled 16 points, 2 rebounds, 3 blocks, in the last game. Melo has been in superb touch from the long-range lately. He has scored in the 16-21 range on a regular basis these days.
- Jarred Vanderbilt(MIN) had 5 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 1 steal in the last game. Vanderbilt has grabbed rebounds in the 7-16 range throughout the season, many times leading his team in that category.
- Naz Reid(MIN) had 7 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal in the last game. Reid gets inconsistent minutes but yes usually scores in the 6-9 range and grabs rebounds in the 3-8 range.
- Talen Horton-Tucker(LAL ) had 10 points, 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 block in the last game. Talen has been up-and-down scoring-wise but he has scored 10-12 points usually for the Lakers.
- Jaden McDaniels(MIN) had 12 points, 6 rebounds in the last game. He has scored in the 12-18 range and has grabbed 5-9 rebounds a game regularly.
- Stanley Johnson(LAL) had 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. Stanley has been a great pickup as a ten-day player and he has been a factor.
- Austin Reaves(LAL) had 10 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal in the last contest. He has scored in 10-15 points range regularly.
- Jaylen Nowell(MIN) had 10 points, 2 rebounds, 5 assists in the last game. Nowell has scored 10 or more points in the last few games, including a 29 points outing.
LAL vs MIN Dream11 Team
PG: R Westbrook(PP)
SG: M Monk, M Beasley, A Edwards
SF: L James(SP)
PF: C Anthony, J McDaniels
C: N Reid
(Lineup will be revisited again before the game)
If you like our Dream11 Prediction Tips, please share this article with your friends, who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and YouTube for the best Dream11 Fantasy Tips.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
Now that VOOT, MTV, VH1, and JioTV are not streaming or broadcasting all N BA games, one way to get access to all live games is through the NBA League Pass. If you ask me, the best way to follow the league is to acquire the annual subscription in the NBA League Pass. To follow the scores, go to the official website of the NBA.