Brendon McCullum Wife, Height, Age, Record, Stats, IPL, Team, Coach, Biography
Updated on: May 18, 2023 4:56 pm IST
Brendon McCullum is regarded as one of the most successful captains for New Zealand cricket the world has ever witnessed. One of the most explosive wicket-keeper batsman in the world who on his day can thrash any bowling line-up put in front of him.
A holder of many records which includes the fastest ever Test century which he scored against the visiting Australian side in his last Test innings off just 54 balls, a record which will take some masterclass batting to be broken.
His pyro techniques were always praised and it was the massive impact of his ruthless batting which helped New Zealand reach the finals of the 2015 Cricket World Cup where they lost to the eventual winners Australia in Melbourne.
He was one of the most loved and respected cricketers of all time and also one of the fittest cricketers of the modern age. Right before the start of the T20 World Cup 2016, McCullum made a brave decision to hang up his boots in February 2016 right after the home Test series against Australia.
|Nickname:||Baz, BBM, B Mac|
|Autobiography:||Declared, with Greg McGee|
|5 ft 7 inches|
|Weight (approx.):||70 Kg|
|Hair Colour:||Golden Brown|
|Tattoo||On his arms|
|Date of Birth:||27 September 1981|
|Birth Place:||Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Libra|
|School:||King’s High School, Dunedin, New Zealand|
|Educational Qualifications:||High School graduate|
|Father:||Stuart McCullum (former Cricketer)|
|Brother:||Nathan McCullum (Elder)|
Coach/Mentor:Craig McMillanReligion:ChristianityAddress:Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
|Test:||10 Mar 2004 vs South Africa at Hamilton|
|ODI:||17th January 2002 vs Australia in Sydney|
|T20:||17 Feb 2005 vs Australia in Auckland|
|Jersey Number:||42 (International, IPL, County)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Otago Volts, Brisbane Heats, Kolkata Knight Riders, Chennai Super Kings, Birmingham Bears, Sussex, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Trinbago Knight Riders, Gujarat Lions, Lahore Qalanders.|
Brendon McCullum IPL Team
|Kolkata Knight Riders, Chennai Super Kings, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Gujarat Lions|
|Likes to play against:||Australia|
|Favourite Shot:||Scoop over the head of the wicketkeeper|
Brendon McCullum Stats and Records
He holds the record for fastest test century which he made in his last appearance in the whites. He made his ton in just 54 balls against Australia.
He was the leading run-getter for New Zealand in T2o’s with 2140 runs which was later surpassed by his countrymen Martin Guptill.
He had the most centuries, fours, fifties, sixes in T20I’s until he was playing.
McCullum still holds the record of maximum sixes in test cricket with 107 sixes, the second best being Adam Gilchrist with 100 sixes.
In Feb 2014, he became the first ever kiwi to score a test triple ton. He scored 302 against India at Hamilton.
|Career Turning Point|
- Scoring the highest individual score in an Under19 test match against South Africa Under19
|Hobbies:||Horse Riding, Playing Rugby and Golf.|
|Favourite Batsmen:||Vivian Richards|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Shane Warne, Shane Bond|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Actors / Actresses:||NA|
|Favourite Tv shows:||NA|
|Cars Collection:||BMW, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Range Rover|
Brendon McCullum Wife
Brendon McCullum Girlfriend
|Brendon McCullum Wife||Ellissa McCullum|
|Children:||Two daughters and a son|
|Net Worth:||$20 Million|
|IPL 11:||Rs. 11 Crore or $2.21 Million|
• Back in 2006 in a test match against Sri Lanka, McCullum had to bear the ire of cricket fans when he dismissed Muttiah Muralitharan in a manner which is considered against the spirit of cricket. Sangakkara was batting on 99 and he took a single to complete his century, little to the unknown, Murali completed the single and went to congratulate Sanga for his century. however, just as he turned to do so McCullum thought he was going for another run and took the bails off quickly and made the run-out. The third umpire too gave him out. Ten years later Brendon apologized for his mistake, at the MCC Spirit of Cricket Crowley Lecture at lords.
• It is believed that McCullum was the man behind Ross Taylor’s sudden sack as the captain. In his book titled ‘Declared’ he mentioned that Ross was not able to communicate with the players well and was perhaps not deserving as a captain. Though, he denied any role in sacking Ross from captaincy.
|Lesser Known Facts|
• His father Stuart McCullum played domestic cricket for Otago, 75 first-class matches.
• He is the only kiwi captain to feature in a Cricket World Cup final (2015).
• Highest individual score for NZ Under19. He smashed 186 runs against South Africa under19 in 2001.
• The second highest individual score in IPL. He slammed an unbeaten 158 off 73 balls against RCB in the opening game of 2008 edition, playing for Kolkata Knight Riders.
• McCullum is the most successful wicketkeeper for the black caps till date. He has 462 caught behinds to his name across all formats.
• He is an occasional columnist for the English News Outlet, The Daily Mail.
• He released his autobiography titled ‘Declared’ in 2016.
Follow us on Google News
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.