Chamari Atapattu (SriLankan Cricketer) Boyfriend, Age, Records, Photos, Birthday, and More
Updated on: Jul 29, 2019 6:06 pm IST
The majestic batsman Chamari Atapattu is the current captain of the women’s team of Sri Lanka Cricket. She is known for her aggressive batting in the top order. The left-handed opener is the 10th captain of the team and has managed to win only one ODI with 13 losses. Chamari is the only Sri Lankan women to score an ODI century four times. She even has the highest ODI average in Women’s cricket.
Name: Atapattu Mudiyanselage Chamari Jayangani
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm medium
Height (approx.): NA
Weight (approx.): NA
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Date of Birth: February 9, 1990
Age (as on July 2019): 29 years 5 months
Birth Place: Gokarella
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Nationality: Sri Lankan
ODI: West Indies Women v Sri Lanka Women at Basseterre, Apr 18, 2010
T20I: India Women v Sri Lanka Women at Taunton, Jun 15, 2009
Jersey Number: 58
Major Teams: Kurunegala Youth Cricket Club Women, Melbourne Renegades Women, Sri Lanka Women, Supernovas
Coach/Mentor: Harsha de Silva
- MAN OF THE MATCH: ODI – 3, T20I – 3
- CAREER SPAN: [ODI, 2010 – 2019], [T20I, 2009 – 2019]
- Chamari holds the most number of ODI centuries and fifties for Sri Lanka.
- The only player to score a century in Women’s cricket World Cup History.
Favourite Cricketers: NA
Favourite Food: NA
Favourite Actors/Films: NA
Favourite Films: NA
Boyfriend, Spouse and Children
Marital Status: Single
Awards and recognitions
- ODI Batswoman of the year 2015-16
- T20I Batswoman of the year 2016-17
- ODI Batswoman of the year 2016-17
- Women’s Cricketer of the Year 2016-17
Lesser Known Facts
- Sri Lanka Women won the T20I series against Pakistan Women under the captaincy of Chamari Atapattu.
- She is the first Sri Lankan batswomen to score 1000 runs in T20Is.