10 Interesting Facts About Hardik Pandya
Updated on: Jun 27, 2022 11:25 am IST
Hardik Pandya is a well-known Indian cricketer who has represented his country in all formats of the game. He was born in Surat, Gujarat, on October 11, 1993. He is a right-handed batsman who also bowls right-arm medium speed. Krunal Pandya, his elder brother, is also an international cricketer for India. Hardik wears his heart on his sleeve and is confident in his skills. The flamboyant player, affectionately nicknamed Kung Fu Pandya, is famed for his powerful hitting abilities. He is well-liked by the fans for his never-give-up attitude.
Here are 10 interesting facts about the all-rounder:
1. Hardik and his elder brother Krunal Pandya were enrolled at the Kiran More International Academy at the age of 5 and 7, respectively, after their father recognized their enthusiasm in the game.
2. You will be surprised to learn that Pandya was once a leggie. His team was missing one quick bowler during a match at his training facility. That’s when Kiran More asked Pandya if he wanted to try fast bowling, and the rest is history.
3. During their childhood, Hardik and Krunal were dubbed the “Maggi brothers” because they enjoyed eating Maggi.
4. Since he was a youngster, he has dyed his hair, and his mother has always rebuked him for it.
5. In domestic cricket, Pandya has a one-of-a-kind record. He smashed 39 in an over, including five sixes and a four in the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy.
6. Every cricketer has a unique nickname. Pandya’s colleagues called him the ‘Rockstar.’ It was because of his charismatic demeanor and destructive play style.
7. He has four tattoos on his hands, each with a unique message such as “time is money,” “believe,” “never give up,” and a tiger tattoo.
8. On January 1, 2020, Hardik got engaged to Natasa Stankovic, a Serbian dancer, and actress. Their first kid, a baby boy named Agastya, was born on July 30. Hardik and Natasa have both been active on social media, and their Instagram profiles are full of lovely pictures.
9. He is the first Indian to grab four wickets and score more than 30 runs in a single Twenty20 International match. In 2018, he made the record against England.
10. One of Hardik Pandya’s most notable bowling efforts was against Bangladesh in the ICC T20 World Cup. Bangladesh required two runs off three balls to win. In the last three deliveries, India won the match with three wickets – two catches and a run-out.
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.