Mohammad Asif (Pakistani Cricketer) Wife, Records, Controversies, Age, Weight, Height and More
Updated on: Aug 9, 2019 4:46 pm IST
One of the most Controversial Pakistani cricketer and comes one of the top bowlers in the world. Mohammad Asif is a former Pakistani cricketer who played for Pakistani National Team since 2005 before getting banned for the spot-fixing scandal. Born in zamindar Gujjar family in Sheikhupura, Asif loved playing cricket from his childhood. But one big mistake changed his life forever and his international cricket career was over.
Name: Mohammad Asif
Test: vs. Australia at Sydney Cricket Ground, Jan 02, 2005
ODI: vs. England at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Dec 21, 2005
T20I: vs. England at Country round, Aug 28, 2006
IPL: vs. Deccan Chargers at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Apr 22, 2008
Career Turning Point: When Asif took 4 for 78 against India after a poor performance display by Pakistan.
Jersey Number: #26 (Pakistan)
Major Teams: Pakistan, Asia XI, Delhi Daredevils, Khan Research Labs, Lahore Division, Leicestershire, National Bank of Pakistan, Sheikhupura Cricket Association, Sialkot Cricket Association
- He made his career-best 11 for 70 while playing against India in the tour of Sri Lanka.
- He took seven wickets against India in the third test series at Karachi in 2006 where he impressed everyone with his reckoning performance.
- In the second match, he took his first five wicket haul and ten-wicket haul which takes Pakistan close to win.
- In the tour of South Africa in 2007, Asif took 19 wickets in just three tests with a fantastic average of 18.
- His magnificent performance came out during the tour of New Zealand where he picked up 32 wickets in six test matches.
Girlfriends, Spouse, and Children
Marital Status: Married
Affairs/Girlfriends: Once there was a rumor that he married a model and actress Veena Malik in a private ceremony in London on 28th May 2009.
Wife: Sania Hilal
Marriage Date: 01st October 2010
Children: 2 kids
- Once he tested positive on steroids twice. Soon he caught for the second time with drugs in his pocket at Dubai international airport.
- And the major charge that he has to fill was in the year 2010 when he was caught in spot-fixing, bowling pre-planned deliberately a no-ball along with his fellow Mohammad Amir and banned for seven years from sports. Moreover, with two-year suspension from ICC. After his unsuccessful appeal in the court of London, he confesses his involvement in spot-fixing in the year Agust 2013.
- There was a rumor that he had an affair with a model name Veena Malik and they got married in a private ceremony but soon after this veena malik filed a complaint against Mohammad Asif that he threatened to harm her. Also, she demands Asif to give back the number of Rs. 14 Million which he had taken from her as a loan. Further, as per the legal notice that Veena Malik served Mohammad Asif had given her two cheques to settle down the balanced amount were bounced.
Height (approx.): 6ft 4in
Weight (approx.): 66 kg
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Date of Birth: 20th December 1982
Age (as of May 2019): 36 Years
Birth Place: Sheikhupura, Pakistan
Zodiac sign/Sun sign: NA
Educational Qualifications: NA
Father: Hassan Deen
Address: Sheikhupura, Pakistan
Cars Collection: NA
Lesser Known Facts
- Asif got a chance in Bollywood movies in the year 2010 and was signed for his first acting role, but due to his allegation, he was dropped from the movie. And was replaced by Abbas Hasan, a Canadian actor.
- He belongs to a Gujjar family, and he loves to play cricket from his childhood.
- He played in the IPL franchise Delhi Daredevils in the US $650,000.
- Asif stated, “on his wedding day that hopes his marriage would positively change his life.
Also, Check Paul Stirling (Irish Cricketer) Biography by Clicking Here