Moises Henriques Australian Cricketer: Mosise Henriques is an Australian all-rounder.After making consistent performances in the 2004(11 wickets) and 2006 U-19 World Cup,where he finished as the leading wicket-taker (16 scalps) and 150 runs in the tournament. Following his surge in youth cricket, Henriques made his FC debut for New South Wales in 2006 where a string of consistent performances earned him a national-call-up against New Zealand for the T20 series in February 2009.
|Moises Henriques |
|Nickname: ||Mozzie, Moey |
|Profession: ||Australian Cricketer (All-rounder) |
|Autobiography: ||NA |
|Biopic: ||NA |
|Physical Appearance |
|Moises Henriques Height (approx.): ||6’2″ |
|Weight (approx.): ||83 kg |
|Eye Colour: ||Brown |
|Hair Colour: ||Brown |
|Tattoos: ||NA |
|Personal Life |
|Date of Birth: ||February, 1987 |
|Moises Henriques Age (as on 2020): ||33 years |
|Birth Place: ||Funchal, Madeira, Portugal |
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign: ||Aquarious |
|Nationality: ||Australian |
|School ||N/A |
|College ||St. Joseph’s College, Colombo |
|Educational Qualifications: ||NA |
|Signature: ||NA |
|Father: ||Alvaro Henriques |
|Mother: ||Anabela Henriques |
|Sister: ||N/A |
|Brother ||N/A |
|Coach/Mentor: ||NA |
|Religion: ||Christianity |
|Address: ||New South Wales, Australia |
Likes to play against:
|Cricket Career |
|International Debut: |
|Test: ||February 22, 2013 vs India at Chennai |
|ODI: ||October 31, 2009, vs India at Delhi |
|T201: ||February 15, 2009, vs Nwe Zealand at the SCG |
|Jersey Number: ||#21 (Australia) |
|Teams: ||Australia, New South Wales |
|Moises Henriques IPL 2021 Team ||Punjab Kings (Bought for 4.2 Cr) |
|Likes to Play against |
|Favourite stroke ||Pull Shot |
- After making consistence performances in the 2004(11 wickets) and 2006 U-19 World Cup, whee he finishes as the leading wicket-taker (16 scalps) and 150 runs in the tournament.
- Following his surge in youth cricket, Henriques made his FC debut for New South Wales in 2006 where a string of consistent performances earned him a national-call-up against New Zealand for the T20 series in February 2009.
|Hobbies: ||Playing Golf |
|Favourite Batsmen: ||Jacques Kallis |
|Favourite Bowlers: ||N/A |
|Favourite Football Team: ||N/A |
|Favourite sports personalities: ||N/A |
|Favourite Food: ||N/A |
|Favourite Actors: ||NA |
|Favourite Films: ||NA |
|Favourite Musicians/Singers: ||NA |
|Favourite TV Shows: ||NA |
|Smoking/Alcohol: ||Not Known/ Yes |
|Style Quotient |
|Cars Collection: ||NA |
|Moises Henriques Wife |
|Marital Status: || Unmarried |
|Moises Henriques Girlfriend: ||Krista Thomas (Radio News Presenter) |
|Moises Henriques Wife ||N/A |
| || |
|Children: ||N/A |
|Net Worth: ||NA |
|IPL earnings: ||NA |
- In 2004, Henriques recieved the first Rexona Australian Youth Cricket Scholarship, an initative backed by former Aussie captain Ricky Ponting.
- A field in Endeavour School in Sydney has been renamed as ‘Moises Henriques Field’. A gateway was erected at the entrance in honour of Moises Henriques, an alumnus of the Endeavour School.
- Henriques was born to a professional footballer in Portugal but his family moved to Australia when he was 1.
- Henriques wanted to be a fast bowler as a kid, but after sustaining a plethora of injuries, he finally settled to be an all-rounder.
- Henriques considers Jacques Kalls as his role model.
- In the 2009 season of the Indian Premier League, Henriques was signed up by the Kolkata Knight Riders for US $300,000.
- In 2013, Henriques became the second Portuguese origin cricketer to make his Test debut for Australia after former South African cricketer Dick Westcott.
- In June 2013, Henriques was knocked out unconscious at Arundel during a Twenty20 match after colliding with teammate Rory Burns. Both players were rushed to the hospital where he subsequently had his jaw rubber-banded and would have to eat through a straw for about five weeks.
- In August 2018, Henriques through his twitter account admitted that he’d been a long-term battle with mental health. Henriques stated he has been a ‘longtime sufferer of mental illness”, as he prepares to sleep through to raise funds for youth homelessness.