N Srinivasan – CSK Owner Wife, Biography, Age, Daughter, Son in law, BCCI, Net Worth
Updated on: May 7, 2023 12:17 pm IST
N Srinivasan is a well known name in Indian cricket circle. However, he has remained a controversial man all throughout his administration career.
|IPL Team Owner||CSK|
|Net Worth||7.4 billion Indian rupees|
He was born on 3 January 1945 in Tirunelveli district of Tamilnadu.
Who is the Owner of Chennai Super Kings?
N Srinivasan is the owner of Chennai Super Kings.
His father T. S. Narayanaswami was one of the founding employees of India Cements. N Srinivasan completed his B.Sc. degree from Loyola College in Chennai and went to Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago to pursue M.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering.
N Srinivasan began his journey in India Cements when he took over as vice-chairman and managing director in 1989. He started making his moves very early and made a couple of aggressive takeovers. He, later on, became the president of the Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the tenor of 1996 to 1998. He is an active member of the Executive Committee of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) currently. He remained the president of the Cement Manufacturers’ Association for five different terms between 1991 to 2006. N Srinivasan was a member of the Prime Minister’s Council of Trade and Industry from 1996 to 2001. He added a prestigious feather in his cap when he became the Sheriff of Madras for consecutive terms from 1989 to 1991.
N Srinivasan was first elected as the Secretary of the BCCI mainly thanks to his connections with former BCCI President A. C. Muthiah. Then he took over from Shashank Manohar as the President of BCCI in 2011. He remained in charge of Indian cricket till 2014 when Jagmohan Dalmiya succeeded him. In 2008, his company India Cements bought the Chennai franchise of Indian Premier League (IPL). N Srinivasan is heading Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) since 2002-03. He became the first-ever chairman of International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2014 but he was removed from the post on 9th November 2015. He has also held various positions in Golf and Chess administrations at various stages of his career.
Full Name: Narayanaswami Srinivasan
Father’s Name: T. S. Narayanaswami
Brother’s Name: N Ramachandran
Date of Birth: 3rd January, 1945
Place of Birth: Kallidaikurichi, Madras Presidency, British India
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Wife Name: Chitra Srinivasan
Son Name: Ashwin Srinivasan
Daughter Name: Rupa Gurunath (President of TNCA)
N Srinivasan Son-in-law Name
N Srinivasan Education: Graduate (B.Sc.), Postgraduate (M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering)
College: Loyola College, Chennai & Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
N Srinivasan Controversies
- When N Srinivasan became the owner of Chennai Super Kings in 2008, it was against the clause 6.2.4 of BCCI which states that “no administrator of BCCI could have had, directly or indirectly, any commercial interest in the matches or events conducted by the cricket board’. A case against him on the basis of this conflict of interest is still pending in the Supreme Court of India.
- In 2013, N Srinivasan’s son-in-law and CSK team principal Gurunath Meiyappan was arrested by Mumbai Police on the basis of involvement in betting and sharing insider information with bookies. There was a huge media outrage wanting N Srinivasan’s resignation from the BCCI President post. As a result of that, he resigned from the post on 2nd June 2013 but the Supreme Court allowed him to take charge again on 8th October 2013.
- On 25th March 2014, Supreme Court of India ruled N. Srinivasan to step down as BCCI President to conduct the fair investigations about him for all the cases.
- On 27th November 2014, Supreme Court declared that N Srinivasan’s conflict of interest was clear as he owns a team in IPL and asked BCCI to conduct a new election for BCCI President without N Srinivasan.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is currently investigating a case in which it was alleged that N Srinivasan’s company India Cements has invested Rs 140 Cr into Jaganmohan Reddy’s multiple businesses in return for the various benefits received from Andhra Pradesh government over the years.
Follow us on Google News