Stephen Fleming (Former New Zealand Cricket Coach) Wife, Records, Controversies, Age, Weight, Height and More
Updated on: Aug 9, 2019 5:47 pm IST
Stephen Fleming is one of the most successful captains of New Zealand and a very talented batsman who plays remarkable shots like cover drive, cut shots and straight drive. And was higher run-getter in Tests and ODIs. Till now he scored 7172 test runs including 9tons and 46 fifties and 8037 ODI runs.
In 007, he announced his retirement from ODI’s and Test captaincy. And after being played for Indian Premier League, he announced his international retirement.
Name: Stephen Fleming
Nickname: Flem, Donkey
Test: vs. India at Seddon Park, Mar 19, 1994
ODI: vs. India at McLean Park, Mar 25, 1994
T20I: vs. Australia at Eden Park, Feb 17, 2005
IPL Debut: vs. Delhi Capitals at MA Chidambaram Stadium, May 02, 2008
Jersey Number: #7
Career Turning Point: He gives his careers best in the year 1996, Maiden Test century against England.
Major Teams: New Zealand, Canterbury, Chennai Super Kings, ICC World XI, Middlesex, Nottinghamshire, Wellington, Yorkshire
- The second most Capped ODI captain just behind Ricky Ponting.
- The most catch by a fielder in Tests in 1997.
- He is a first batsman who scored 90 in his ODI debut.
- Also, he holds the record for a highest batting strike rate of 281.81 in test innings.
- He played 279 ODI matches and scored 8007 runs.
Girlfriends, Spouse, and Children
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Kelly Payne
Marriage Date: 09th May 2007
Children: Tayla (Daughter Born in 2006), Cooper (Son Born in 2008)
The US $ 25Million
He was alleged for smoking marijuana with his teammates Dion Nash and Matthew Hart in the year 1995.
Height (approx.): 6ft 2in
Weight (approx.): 80kg
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Date of Birth: 1st April 1973
Age (as of May 2019): 44 Years
Birth Place: Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Nationality: New Zealander (Kiwi)
Zodiac sign/Sun sign: Aries
School: Waltham Primary School and Cashmere High School
College: Christchurch Teacher’s College
Educational Qualifications: Two Year degree in Physical Education
Father: Gary Kirk
Mother: Pauline Fleming
Religion: Roman Catholic
Address: Bradford West Yorkshire BD5, UK
Hobbies: Playstation, Reading and Playing Golf
Cricketers: Rahul Dravid, Sir Richard John Hadlee
Food: Japanese Tepanyaki
Lesser Known Facts
- His mother takes care of him in the absence of his father.
- His father supports him in his career and also played with him in a senior rugby match.
- In the year 1994, he played his debut match against India and scored 94 and becomes the man of the match.
- He was one of the most successful captains which he proved in September 2000 after a victory over Zimbabwe.
- Moreover, he gave resign as a captain on 24th April 2007.
- And took his retirement on 26th March 2008 from international cricket.
Devendra Bishoo (West Indies Cricketer) Biography by Clicking Here