Zainab Abbas Husband, Age, Education, Family, Instagram, Photo
Updated on: Aug 30, 2023 2:15 pm IST
Zainab Abbas is a sports presenter from Pakistan. Born to a cricketer father and politician mother, Zainab Abbas tried her luck in myriad fields.
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
Having a degree in Marketing she started her career as a makeup artist but in 2005 she quit her job as a makeup artist and auditioned for the World Cup Cricket Program which turned her life and she landed into the field of cricket.
Her father, Nasir Abbas was a domestic cricketer, and he is the one from whom she got cricket in her genes.
She writes short pieces on cricket for outlets like Dawn and Duniya news, she also hosted shows on Dunya news, but her career reached its zenith when she became the first Pakistani female presenter in the International Cricket Council’s Cricket World Cup. She was a presenter in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) in the years 2017-2019. This turned out to be the game changer for her career as after this, she became a prominent figure in cricket world as a presenter and analyst.
Cricket Host Zainab Abbas
- In 2015 she auditioned for a World Cup cricket program, which launched her career in presenting and commentating on cricket.
- She writes sports pieces for the Pakistani independent news outlets Dawn and Dunya News.
- Zainab has hosted the sports program “Cricket Dewangi” on Dunya News and a web-series talk show “Sawal Cricket Ka”.
- In 2019, Abbas became the first Pakistani female presenter in the International Cricket Council’s Cricket World Cup.
- She presented the Pakistan Super League (PSL), in the years 2017-2019. She was joined in 2019 by Matthew Hayden, Graeme Smith, Shaun Tait, Kepler Wessels, Amir Sohail, Fakhar-e-Alam, and Erin Holland.
Profession: Sports presenter, Sports Analyst, Television host
Date of Birth: 14 February 1988
Birthplace: Lahore, Pakistan
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
College: University of Warwick, England
Zainab Abbas Education: MBA in Marketing and Strategy
Father: Nasir Abbas
Mother: Andleeb Abbas
Brother: Husain Mirza
Favorite Cricketers: Virat Kohli and Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Favorite Sportspersons: Virat Kohli
Favorite Food: Daal Chawal
Favorite Actors: Shahrukh Khan
Favorite Films: Dil Se
Zainab Abbas Husband
Hamza Kardar is the husband of Zainab Abbas. The duo tied the knot in November 2019. Hamza Kardar is the son of former finance minister and former governor of State Bank of Pakistan.
- In 2018, Zainab congratulated Pakistani international cricketer Babar Azam on his maiden Test century by tweeting: “Well played @babarazam258 – loved how the boys went congratulating Mickey Arthur celebrating his “son’s” century #PakvNZ”. Azam responded to her tweet by: “Think before u say something and don’t try to cross ur limits!!!”.
Never miss an update, visit Google News & FOLLOW US.