The Big Picture
Thursday promises to be a mouth-watering day for cricketing fans across the globe with a variety of formats up for viewing. From Duleep Trophy, India-A Quadrangular to the business stage of the 2018 Vitality Blast, their’s plethora to keep the fans on tenterhooks. This article aims to dwell on the key players that might influence the match in their respective team’s favour.
Here’s a look:-
India A vs Australia A, 5th Match | IN-A vs AU-A Key Players
- For India A, Prithwi Shaw, skipper Shreyas Iyer and Karnataka’s R Samarth, who had a stellar Viaj Hazare Trophy earlier this year will form the cornerstone of the batting unit.
- On the bowling side of things, U-19 star Shivam Mavi, Mohammed Siraj, who had a stellar Test series against SA-A and Deepak Chahar will form a potent fast bowling unit backed up by the spinning duo of Mayank Markande and Krishnappa Gowtham.
- It will be a crucial series for D’Arcy Short. After struggling against spin in the IPL, the left-hander will look to use his experience to overcome the struggles as he aims to cement his place at the top of the order in the Aussie senior team. He’ll be supported by Usman Khwaja, Peter Handscomb and skipper Travis Head.
- The bowling side of things will be spearheaded by tall, marauding fast bowler in Billy Stanlake and Jhye Richardson.
India B vs South Africa A, 6th Match | IN-B vs SA-A Key Players
- In what looks a formidable batting unit, the likes of Shubman Gill, Manish Pandey, Ishan Kishan will be looking to put up impressive performances to get themselves ahead of the pile for a national call-up.
- The bowling unit will be spearheaded by Siddarth Kaul and Navdeep Saina with the likes of Shreyas Gopal and Jayant Yadav constituting the spinning department.
South Africa A:-
- The experienced campaigners in Farhaan Behrdien, Temba Bavuma and Theunis de Bruyn, who is coming off a Test hundred in Sri Lanka will lead the batting unit while the bowling will be led by Dane Paterson and Tabraiz Shamsi will lead the
India Red vs India Blue, 2nd Match | IN-R vs IN-B Key Players
- Sanjay Ramaswamy (123), Baba Indrajit (101) scored second-innings tom in their previous game against India Green before Ashutosh Singh’s patient 80 in the first essay. The trio will form the cornerstone of the Red’s batting unit.
- With the ball, Vidarbha superstar Rajneesh Gurbani once again turned heads with his precocious talent as he compiled figures of 7-81 to keep India Green in check in the last game. He’ll once again spearhead the bowling group.
- For the Blues’, skipper Faiz Fazal will lead the batting group along with Dhruv Shorey while the likes of Basil Thampi, Dhawal Kulkarni and Jaydev Unadkat will spearhead the bowling.
Belagavi Panthers vs Hubli Tigers, 9th Match | BP vs HT Key Players
- For the Panthers, keeper-batsman Sadiq Kirmani (18), Dikshanshu Negi (20) and HS Sharath (49) were the lone performers in their 67-run defeat against the Blasters. They’ll once again be pivotal with the bat.
- On the bowling side of things, Stuart Binny (3-37) was the standout performer amidst the carnage against the Blasters.
- For the Tigers’ Abhishek Reddy, Praveen Dubey (45) and Sunil Kumar Jain (23) will be crucial with the bat.
- The bowling side of things will be spearheaded by the trio of Kranthi Kumar (2-29), Darshan MB (2-37) and Mahesh Patel (2-19).
Kent Spitfires vs Lancashire Lightning, 1st Quarter-Final | KET vs LAN Key Players
- For the Spitfires, the trio of Billings, Kuhn and Bell-Drummond, all of whom have scored more than 300 runs in the competition will once again be the key in this all-important encounter.
- With the bowl, Denly and Haggett will be pivotal.
- Alex Davies (510) and Dane Vilas will be crucial with the bat for the Lightning while Parkinson and Faulkner will lead the bowling might.