Mumbai Indians released players 2021 – Ahead of the 2022 IPL mega-auction, Mumbai Indians retained Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Keiron Pollard and SuryaKumar Yadav but were forced to release 21 other players from their squad into the auction pool.
During the 2022 IPL mega-auction, MI tried buying back some of their released players but were mostly outbid by other teams. From the 2021 squad, they’ve only managed to buy back Ishan Kishan, Anmolpreet Singh and Arjun Tendulkar.
|Released Player||IPL 2022 Team|
Quinton de Kock (wk)
|Aditya Tare (wk)||Unsold|
Now let’s take a look at some of their key players from last season who were bought by other teams.
1. Quinton de Kock – He was solid with both the bat and his wicket-keeping duties for MI since 2019. MI did bid for him till 5 crores but he was eventually sold to the new franchise Lucknow SuperGiants.
2. Hardik Pandya – IPL allowed only four retentions for a side in 2022 which meant MI couldn’t get to retain their star allrounder, Hardik Pandya. He was drafted in as the captain of the newly formed Gujarat Titans side.
3. Krunal Pandya – He has been a vital cog in the MI’s setup since 2016 and has been a part of three title-winning MI team along with his brother Hardik Pandya. He was bought the Lucknow SuperGiants for a whopping 8.25 crores.
4. Trent Boult – After getting him for a trade in 2020, MI reaped benefits with him as he ended up a highest wicket-taker in the Powerplay in the 2020 season. They were the losing bid for him as RR bought him for 8 crores.
5. Rahul Chahar – Once again MI bid for him till 4.6 crores but eventually lost the bid as PBKS took him away with a 5.25 crores bid.
Follow us on Google News