Sunrisers Hyderabad released players 2021 – Ahead of the 2022 IPL mega-auction, Sunrisers Hyderabad retained only Kane Williamson, Abdul Samad and Umran Malik and decided to release all other players from their squad including their star overseas trio of Warner, Rashid Khan and Bairstow.
During the 2022 IPL mega-auction, SRH bought back some of their released players to retain continuity in the squad. From the 2021 squad, they got back the youngsters Abhishek Sharma and Priyam Garg, the pace bowlers Bhuvneshwar Kumar and T Natarajan and finally J Suchith.
Now let’s take a look at some of their key players from last season who were bought by other teams.
1. David Warner – The relationship between Warner and SRH came to a sour end after he was removed as captain and was dropped from the playing eleven last season. He has now moved to the Delhi Capitals.
2. Rashid Khan – He has been a pillar for SRH with his bowling and has carried their bowling attack singlehandedly for years but they couldn’t agree to a common sum for retention. He was eventually drafted in for 15 crores by the new franchise Gujarat Titans.
3. Johnny Bairstow – The decision to not retain him by SRH was quite surprising since he had always performed for the franchise and is a wicket-keeping option. They were the losing bid for him at the auction as PBKS bought him for 6.75 crores.
4. Manish Pandey – The decision to not retain him is understandable since he hasn’t performed well for the franchise despite all the backing from their team management. He has been bought by the Lucknow SuperGiants for 4.6 crores.
5. Jason Holder/Mitchell Marsh – Both of them have displayed good form in recent times and both have been sold for high prices at the auction.
Follow us on Google News