AUS vs ENG Dream11 1st Ashes Test Match Prediction | England vs Australia 1st Ashes Test, Team News, Playing11
Updated on: Aug 1, 2019 3:05 pm IST
England vs Australia | Team Prediction| England vs Australia 1st Ashes Test, Team News, Playing11 |Match Preview
The oldest rivalry of cricket is set to begin, with the English looking in abundance of confidence from their World Cup win, this year’s Ashes Will Look To Be A Spectacular Event. The English team looked a little out of form when they came back after a crushing loss to their neighbors, Ireland in a one-off Test match. Although Joe Root’s team is high on self-confidence they have been incoherent in this format as they lost against West Indies at the beginning of the year. The Australian side will be strengthened by the return of their banned superstars David Warner and Steve Smith. Though the team has not been in consistent form after the ball-tampering debacle, they have shown commendable fighting spirit under the leadership of Tim Paine.
01/08 – 03:30 PM IST
1st Test, ICC World Test Championship at Birmingham, Aug 1-5 2019
Head to Head( last five matches):
Eng won: 0
Aus won: 4
The last time these two met, out of the 5 matches Australia successfully were on top of England four times, drawing only one, this was back in 2017/18 England tour of Australia and New Zealand.
Somewhat cloudy skies are predictable on the first day of the Ashes with the mercury as high as 22°C and no rain. The sufficient rain around Birmingham areas will make sure there is some readily available moisture for the faster bowlers to make good use of and it might just take some spin as the game wears on.
England have announced their playing XI
- Australian opener David Warner was hit in the nets but is likely to be fit and playing in the match.
- Coach, Justin Langer has pointed out that Usman Khawaja and James Pattinson will be available in the playing XI.
- Australia will have to decide between Cameron Bancroft and Marcus Harris as Warner’s opening partner.
Rory Burns, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Joe Denly, Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Sam Curran, Olly Stone, Jofra Archer
David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Marnus Labuschagne, Tim Paine, James Pattinson, Pat Cummins, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle, Josh Hazlewood, Marcus Harris, Mitchell Marsh, Michael Neser
England Playing 11(confirmed):
Jason Roy, Rory Burns, Joe Root (c), Joe Denly, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, James Anderson
Australia Playing 11(Confirmed):
David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (c&wk), Pat Cummins, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Nathan Lyon
Key Players England vs Australia-
- Steve Smith in the 2017/18 Ashes:5- Tests687- runsAvg- 137.40
Its Steve Smiths’s favorite format of the game, where his total average is around 62. His last games on English soil include more than 500 runs including 2 centuries.
- James Anderson: Although the pacer is coming from an injury, he has been in fiery form in county cricket where he has taken 26 wickets in just 5 games. Has already taken more than 100 wickets in the Ashes.
- David Warner looks to be in great form after piling up abundant of runs in the World Cup and should continue his fiery form
- Stuart Broad: Has always been lethal in English conditions.
- Buttler will capitulate to his great form and might be the threat as the Aussies would like to pay serious attention to him.
AUS vs ENG Dream11 Team:
WK: J Buttler
Batsmen: J Root, J Roy, C Bancroft, S Smith, D Warner
All-rounders: S Curran
Bowlers: J Anderson, C Woakes, P Cummins, J Pattinson
Captain options – J Root, S Smith, D Warner
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.