AUS vs NZ Dream11 Prediction 2nd ODI Live Score, Pitch Report, Player Stats, Australia vs New Zealand Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Sep 7, 2022 2:48 am IST
AUS vs NZ Dream11 Prediction: New Zealand’s tour of Australia started on Tuesday. In the 1st ODI, the visitors suffered a 2 wickets loss against the Aussies. Kiwis who were in a winning position were pushed back to the back seat, courtesy of a valiant partnership between Alex Carey and Cameron Green. Now after a gap of one day, both these sides will clash once again at the same venue for the 2nd ODI. Let’s see the top fantasy picks from both sides for this AUS vs NZ encounter.
AUS vs NZ Dream11 Prediction for Today Match
Fixture Name: 2nd ODI, Australia vs New Zealand
Competition: New Zealand tour of Australia 2022
Date: 8th September 2022
Time: 9:30 AM IST
Ground: Cazaly’s Stadium, Cairns
Watch Australia vs New Zealand 2022 Live Score
Watch Australia vs New Zealand Live on the Sony Liv app.
Australia vs New Zealand Pitch Report
The pitch in Cairns is a proper pace bowling pitch. The average 1st innings score at this venue is just 126. Pacers picked up most of the wickets in the 1st ODI. So pace bowlers from both sides are expected to have a feast this Thursday.
Team Form Guide:
AUS (recent last): W L W W W
NZ (recent last): L W W L W
AUS Playing 11
Aaron Finch (c)
Alex Carey (wk)
- Australia is expected to field the same eleven from the 1st ODI.
- They are expected to continue with just 3 front-line bowlers and will be looking to get 20 overs out of Green, Stoinis, and Maxwell combined.
- Mitchell Marsh is out of the series with an injury.
- Pat Cummins is rested for this series.
David Warner Stats in ODI
- Even though he failed in the last match, he was the highest run-getter in the recently concluded Zimbabwe series.
|ODIs||Runs||Average||Strike rate||Last 5 performances|
|137||5794||44.57||95.11||9, 10, 66, 79, 7|
Josh Hazlewood Stats in ODI
- Josh Hazlewood has been in fine form lately. He picked up 3 crucial wickets in the last match.
|ODIs||Wickets||Average||Economy rate||Last 5 performances|
|65||104||25.93||4.64||3/31, 3/30, 1/16, 0/36, 2/22|
NZ Playing 11
Kane Williamson (c)
Tom Latham (wk)
Related: Asia Cup Winners List
- Despite the loss, New Zealand is expected to field the same eleven from the 1st ODI.
- Kane Williamson who returned to the ODI squad after a long break looked in good touch in the 1st ODI.
Kane Williamson Stats in ODI
- Williamson is back in black and looked in fine form in the 1st ODI. He scored a brilliant 45 of 71 balls, before getting out trying to shift gears.
|153||6253||47.37||13||45, 34, 19, 22, 30|
Lockie Ferguson Stats in ODI
- Lockie Ferguson has been in fine form in the ODI format, taking close to 2 wickets per average per match. In the 1st ODI also he picked up 2 wickets by bowling just 9 overs.
|43||76||5.60||28.31||2/60, 1/80, 0/55, 2/77, 0/60|
Who will win Australia vs New Zealand today match?
- Even though they lost the 1st ODI, New Zealand had control of that game for a majority of both innings.
- Aussies were brilliant in the bowling department. But failed to make a strong impression with the bat as a unit against the strong Kiwi bowling unit. Only Alex Carey and Green were able to stand up to the Kiwi bowlers.
- In the last 5 matches played between these two sides, Aussies have won 3 and Kiwis have just 2.
- New Zealand is yet to win an ODI match in Australia since 2009.
According to Australia vs New Zealand today match prediction, Australia are the favourites to win this match.
AUS vs NZ Dream11 Team Prediction
WICKET-KEEPERS: Tom Latham, Alex Carey
BATTERS: Kane Williamson, David Warner, Devon Conway
ALL-ROUNDERS: Glenn Maxwell, Daryl Mitchell, Cameron Green
BOWLERS: Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult, Josh Hazlewood
Related: Top 5 Batsmen with Most Runs in T20I
AUS vs NZ Dream11 Prediction Captain & Vice Captain Choices
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: David Warner, Lockie Ferguson
For Grand League: Lockie Ferguson, Cameron Green
Related: Who will win Asia Cup 2022?
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips