AUS vs SA MPL Team Prediction, Supercontest Team Combinations and Fantasy Cricket Tips
Updated on: Jul 6, 2019 12:55 pm IST
AUS vs SA MPL Team Prediction, Supercontest Team Combinations
AUS vs SA MPL Team Prediction
“Smith and Warner’s records will speak louder than a one-off incident,”- Faf du Plessis said on the eve of the clash. Australia and South Africa will play each other for the first time since David Warner and Steve Smith returned to the international set-up following their ban after the Newlands episode in 2018.
Both the teams would hope to bury their past and start afresh when they meet in Manchester. Although it is going to be a dead rubber for both the teams, a win for Australia would mean that they will play against New Zealand in the semis. For South Africa, on the other hand, it is going to be their last match before they head back home. Moreover, it is going to be the first encounter between both the teams in the last 12 years. Hence, while Australia will hope to put the last nail in the coffin of South Africa, the latter would aim to head out of the tournament with their heads high.
It is expected to be a sunny day in Manchester. Although there are some shower forecasts, the clouds are expected to clear off before the match begins.
- Australia has suffered a blow as their left-handed batsman Shaun Marsh has been ruled out of the tournament due to a fractured forearm.
- They have called in Peter Handscomb as his replacement.
- Glenn Maxwell also remains doubtful for this game as he had suffered an injury during a practice session.
- Australia might also rest Pat Cummins or Mitchell Starc before the semis.
- South Africa might include David Miller against Australia. JP Duminy is likely to make way.
Australia Expected XI
Aaron Finch, Mitchell Starc/Nathan Coulter-Nile, Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Lyon/Adam Zampa, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Steven Smith, Alex Carey, Glenn Maxwell (if declared fit), Marcus Stoinis, Pat Cummins
Sri Lanka Expected XI
Hashim Amla, Dwaine Pretorius, Faf du Plessis, Rassie van der Dussen, Chris Morris, Kagiso Rabada, Quinton de Kock, Imran Tahir, Andile Phehlukwayo, Jean-Paul Duminy/David Miller, Aiden Markram
AUS vs SA Best MPL Team Prediction
- David Warner is the leading run-scorer for the team with 516 runs in 8 innings. He has returned 335.5 fantasy points in the MPL Superteam. He had scored 173 runs against South Africa in their last meeting.
- Aaron Finch has scored 504 runs in 8 innings. Against South Africa, he has scored 504 runs in 18 innings. He has scored 363.5 fantasy points in MPL Superteam so far.
- Mitchell Starc has managed to take 14 wickets so far and has returned 344 fantasy points so far.
- Proteas skipper Faf du Plessis enjoys an average of 51.57 against Australia. He has scored 980 runs from 20 innings against them.
- Hashim Amla has scored 203 runs in 7 innings for the side.
- Kagiso Rabada has taken 10 scalps in 10 matches at an average of 29.18 against Australia with his best figures being 4 for 54.
AUS vs SA MPL Supercontest Team
Best captain, vice-captain combinations:
- David Warner & Faf du Plessis
- Aaron Finch & Imran Tahir
- Aaron Finch & Faf du Plessis
- David Warner & Aaron Finch
- Hashim Amla & David Warner