AUS vs SL Dream11 Prediction, Playing 11, Top Picks, Fantasy Cricket Tips for T20 World Cup 2022, Australia vs Sri Lanka Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Oct 25, 2022 4:07 pm IST
AUS vs SL Dream11 Prediction : Australia and Sri Lanka are set to take on each other in the 19th Match of the World Cup. Australia did not really have a good start to the tournament as they faced a heavy defeat against New Zealand. No one really stood up for the Aussies in that encounter and they were really poor both with the bat and ball. On the contrary, Sri Lanka, put up a clinical show against Ireland and enjoyed a comprehensive victory by 9 wickets. Kusal Mendis played a special knock to help the reigning Asian Champions get over the line.
AUS vs SL Dream11 Team Prediction for Today Match
Australia Vs Sri Lanka, Match 19 of T20 World Cup
25 October, 4:30 PM IST
Perth Stadium, Perth.
Where to watch AUS vs SL Live?
Watch AUS vs SL Live on Star Sports Network. Online streaming will be available on the Disney + Hotstar app.
T20 World Cup 2022 Points Table
|SUPER 12 GROUP 1|
|Teams||Played||Won||Lost||NR||Pts||Net Run Rate|
Australia vs Sri Lanka Pitch Report
The pitch at Perth is the fastest in the world. The pace and bounce of the pitch is bound to assist the fast bowlers. It is a typical Aussie wicket which would give the cliched “chin music.” As the innings progresses the pitch becomes flatter and the batters start to get the hold of the game.However, in the game between Afghanistan and England it was a tight game with low scores. The par score is expected to be around 160-170 runs.
Last result at the venue
England(113/5 in 18.1 overs) beat Afghanistan(112/10 in 19.4 overs) by 5 wickets.
Australia (recent last): W W L L L
Sri Lanka (recent last): W L W W W
AUS Playing 11
- Australia were dismal in their last game and need to deep dive into working on many areas.
- Their batting failed to click and thus, might like to give Steve Smith an opportunity in the eleven as he is someone who can provide stability to the team.
- Their bowlers were taken apart by New Zealand batters and would be eager to make a comeback.
- They might take the last game as a one off and might go in with the same eleven against Sri Lanka
- There are reports that Adam Zampa has tested positive for covid 19. He is unavailable and will be replaced by Ashton Agar.
1. David Warner
2. Aaron Finch(C)
3. Mitchell Marsh
4. Glenn Maxwell
5. Marcus Stoinis
6. Tim David / Steve Smith
7. Matthew Wade(wk)
8. Pat Cummins
9. Josh Hazlewood
10. Mitchell Starc
11. Ashton Agar
David Warner Stats in T20I
The veteran left handed batter has always proved to be an essential part of the team. His style of play complements Aaron Finch and gives him the luxury to settle. He has by far been one of the most consistent batters for the defending champions.
Mitchell Starc Stats in T20I
The game against New Zealand was a bad one for all the Aussie bowlers and Mitchell Starc has the ability to bounce back after a poor performance. His performance will be key to get Australians back to winning ways on a bouncy Perth pitch.
SL Playing 11
- Pathum Nissanka suffered from a groin injury and missed out on the clash against Ireland. He is fit for the game against Australia and returns to the playing eleven.
- Sri Lanka have too many injury scares in this world cup and thus would not like to have anymore of that.
- The Asian Champions must be banking on the likes of Kusal Mendis, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa to do bulk of the scoring.
1. Pathum Nissanka
2. Kusal Mendis(wk)
3. Dhananjaya de Silva
4. Bhanuka Rajapaksa
5. Charith Asalanka
6. Dasun Shanaka (C)
7. Wanindu Hasaranga
8. Chamika Karunaratne
9. Binura Fernando
Wanindu Hassaranga Stats in T20I
He is a vital cog for the Sri Lankans. A real match winner both with the ball and the bat. He has taken 9 wickets in four matches on the pitches of Australia, indicating his importance in the team for the Asian champions.
|Matches||Wickets||Economy||Strike Rate||Recent Form|
|48||80||6.61||12.88||3/27, 1/27, 3/8, 3/28, 2/25|
Kusal Mendis Stats in T20I
The Sri Lankan wicket keeper batter has been responsible to get his team off to a good start. He has done reasonably well in the recent games and has single handedly helped Sri Lanka win matches.
|Matches||Runs||Strike Rate||50s/100s||Recent Form|
|45||1007||131.29||10/0||0(1), 6(6), 18(13), 71(53), 68*(43).|
Who will win Australia vs Sri Lanka today match?
- Sri Lanka have had a good start to the Super 12 stage of the world cup after a comprehensive win against Ireland, whereas Australia lost by a huge margin against New Zealand.
- Sri Lanka toured Australia in February this year and lost 3-1 in the five match T20I Series. The two teams also met in Sri Lanka for a series in June this year. Aussies again got the better of Lankans in that series 2-1.
- In the 25 T20I matches between these two teams Aussies have won 15 whereas the Asian champions have managed ten wins.
Considering form, head to head record and morale of both sides, Australia are favourites to win as per our Australia vs Sri Lanka today match prediction.
AUS vs SL Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keeper: Kusal Mendis
Batters: David Warner, Aaron Finch, Bhanuka Rajapaksa
All-rounder: Marcus Stoinis, Dasun Shanaka, Glenn Maxwell, Wanindu Hassaranga
Bowlers: Josh Hazlewood, Maheesh Theekshana, Mitchell Starc.
AUS vs SL Dream11 Captain and Vice Captain
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: David Warner, Wanindu Hassaranga.
For Grand League: Josh Hazlewood, Kusal Mendis.
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips