EN-W vs IN-W Dream11 Prediction England Women vs India Women 2nd ODI Playing 11, Top Picks, Fantasy Cricket Tips for Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Sep 20, 2022 1:56 pm IST
Canterbury is set to host the second One Day International (ODI) between England Women and India Women. The game will be played at the St Lawrence Ground on Wednesday (September 21).
England women, led by Amy Jones, in absence of Heather Knight and Nat Sciver, recently won the T20 International series by 2-1. But, the side lost the first game of the three-match ODI series the last Sunday. To at least save the series, England will try to level the contest.
India, on the other hand, pulled off a fabulous victory in Hove. Deeming the side’s performance so far, they will be keen to seal the historic victory on English soil.
The sides will lock horns at 6:00 PM (IST).
EN -W vs IN-W Dream11 Prediction for Today’s Match
England Women vs India Women 2nd ODI
Fixture: England Women vs India Women
Date and Time: September 21, 6:00 PM IST
Venue: St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury
Watch EN-W vs IN-W Live Score
Watch EN-W vs IN-W live, on Sony TEN 1, Sony TEN 2, Sony TEN 4, Sony SIX, in English commentary, and Sony TEN 3 in Hindi commentary The games will also be televised live on DD Sports.
Last Result at the Venue
Kent beat Lancashire by 2 wickets (Royal London One Day Cup 2022) – August 23
Tournament Points Table
IN-W won the 1st ODI against EN-W.
EN-W vs IN-W Pitch Report
It’s a batting pitch at the St Lawrence Ground in Canterbury and better suited for the pacers. It has not hosted many internationals, but deeming the last five ODIs, played at the venue, the average first innings score is 260. While the average total score is 208. 60% of the captains have preferred to bowl first after winning the toss, at the venue. However, 60% of teams have won after batting first. Moreover, the weather is predicted to hover around 12.49° Celcius, with broken clouds up in the sky.
Last five matches (most recent first)
England Women: L W W W L
India Women: W W W W L
EN-W Playing 11
- Despite their last defeat against India, England women are prone to go on with an unchanged playing 11.
- Emma Lamb and Tammy Beaumont will open the innings. Lamb is a batting all-rounder and can bowl off-spin.
- Sophia Dunkley will bat at number three, followed by Alice Capsey, Danni Wyatt, and skipper Amy Jones in the middle. Dunkley and Capsey are batting all-rounders; Dunkley can bowl leg-spin and Capsey can off-spin the ball. Jones will keep the wickets and Wyatt can bowl off-spin if needed.
- The middle-lower order will include Alice Davidson-Richards, Sophie Ecclestone, and Charlie Dean. Ecclestone is a left-arm orthodox spinner while Davidson-Richards is a pace bowling all-rounder; both can provide vital batting cameos. Dean is an off-break bowling all-rounder.
- The pace unit of the England camp will mostly comprise Kate Cross and Issy Wong.
Probable Playing XI:
- Emma Lamb
- Tammy Beaumont
- Sophia Dunkley
- Alice Capsey
- Danni Wyatt
- Amy Jones (C & WK)
- Alice Davidson-Richards
- Sophie Ecclestone
- Charlie Dean
- Kate Cross
- Issy Wong
Sophia Dunkley’s ODI Stats
Dunkley is England’s reliable middle-order batter in ODIs and can also bowl leg-spin occasionally. She has an excellent record versus India particularly and has been scoring runs in the ongoing India series.
Sophie Ecclestone’s ODI Stats
Ecclestone is the world’s number one ODI bowler. With being the most reliable bowling option in the English lineup, she can also furnish quick batting knocks.
IN-W Playing 11
- India too, are likely to play an unchanged playing 11, considering their last victory.
- As always, Smriti Mandhana will open the batting with Shafali Verma.
- Yastika Bhatia will bat at number three followed by Harleen Deol, and skipper Harmanpreet Kaur in the middle. Deol and Kaur can spin the ball if needed.
- Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, and Pooja Vastrakar are the all-rounder on the board. Sharma and Rana are offies while Vastrakar bowls fast.
- Rajeshwari Gayakwad will play as the main spinner; she is a left-arm offie.
Meghna Singh and Jhulan Goswami are the chief pacers on the team.
Probable Playing 11:
- Smriti Mandhana (VC)
- Shafali Verma
- Yastika Bhatia
- Harleen Deol
- Harmanpreet Kaur (C)
- Deepti Sharma
- Sneh Rana
- Pooja Vastrakar
- Rajeshwari Gayakwad
- Meghna Singh
- Jhulan Goswami
Smriti Mandhana’s ODI Stats
Mandhana’s new approach with the bat has preserved her consistency. She is in promising form and is scoring runs with a huge strike rate.
Harmanpreet Kaur’s ODI Stats
Kaur has been cherishing her time with the Indian team since becoming the full-time skipper. Kaur can perform well with the bat as well as the bat.
Who will win EN-W vs IN-W today Match?
- England have an in-form batting unit and a variety of bowling options in the camp.
- The Jones-led women lost the last game but will try to level the series with a stronger comeback.
- India meanwhile, undoubtedly bear the potential to win the ODIs particularly, but their consistency will be a thing to watch.
- Besides, the ‘Women in Blue’ have a talented bunch of athletes but will need to strike harder in the key moments, especially with the pacers.
- Both teams have equal chances of winning tonight’s derby.
- But, EN-W are the favorites to win today’s match against IN-W.
Related: Who will win T20 World Cup 2022?
EN-W vs IN-W Dream11 Team Prediction
Wicket-Keeper: Yastika Bhatia
Batters: Smriti Mandhana, Sophia Dunkley, Tammy Beaumont
All-Rounders: Alice Capsey, Deepti Sharma, Harmanpreet Kaur, Alice Davidson-Richards
Bowlers: Sophie Ecclestone, Jhulan Goswami, Kate Cross
EN-W vs IN-W Dream11 Prediction – Captain and Vice-Captain Picks
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Smriti Mandhana (C) and Sophia Dunkley (VC)
For Mega League Teams: Smriti Mandhana (C) and Alice Capsey (VC)
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips