ENG vs AFG Dream11 Prediction, Playing 11, Top Picks, Fantasy Cricket Tips for T20 World Cup 2022 England vs Afghanistan Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Oct 20, 2022 2:19 am IST
ENG vs AFG Dream11 Prediction : The second game of the Super 12 would feature England and Afghanistan. England is considered to be one of the favourites to win the World Cup. They had some great preparation time in the build up to the world cup. They managed to secure a 4-3 series win against Pakistan in Pakistan. Post that they travelled down under and beat the kangaroos 2-0 on their home turf.. Afghanistan, on the other hand, managed to secure a super 4 berth in the Asia Cup. They now face an uphill task in the Super 12 against the world giants. Securing a semi final berth in the world cup would be dream come true for the Afghans.
ENG vs AFG Dream11 Team Prediction for Today Match
England vs Afghanistan, Match 14 of T20 World Cup
22 October, 4:30 PM IST
Perth Stadium, Perth.
Where to watch ENG vs AFG Live?
Watch ENG vs AFG Live on Star Sports Network. Online streaming will be available on the Disney + Hotstar app.
england vs Afghanistan Pitch Report
The pitch at Perth is the fastest in the world. The pace and bounce of the pitch is bound to assist the fast bowlers. It is a typical Aussie wicket which would give the cliched “chin music.” As the innings progresses the pitch becomes flatter and the batters start to have the hold of the game. The par score is expected to be around 160-170 runs.
Last result at the venue
England (208/6 in 20 overs) beat Australia(200/9 in 20 overs) by 8 runs.
England – L W W W W
Afghanistan – W W L L L
ENG Playing 11
- England have suffered a major setback as there left armer Reece Topley has been ruled out of the world cup due to an injury. Tymal Mills has been named as his replacement.
- The core shall comprise of Jos Butler, Ben Stokes, Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood.
- Their batting looks really good on paper and has the ability to produce fireworks anywhere in the world.
- Their death bowling, however is a major concern as England have leaked quite a few runs in the death overs.
1. Jos Buttler (c & wk)
2. Alex Hales
3. Dawid Malan
4. Harry Brooks
5. Ben Stokes
6. Liam Livingstone
7. Moeen Ali
8. Adil Rashid
9. Chris Woakes
Jos Butler Stats In T20I
Jos Butler is a T20I maestro and his explosive style of batting has been inculcated in the current England squad. The attacking mindset of the player is what makes him different from the rest of the players.
Moeen Ali Stats In T20I
He is a vital cog for England as his ability to bowl off spin and finsih the game with the bat is a unique skill set. He can deceive the best in the world with his off spin. His bat flow and timing is admired by many in the world.
AFG Playing 11
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz got a toe crushing yorker from Shaheen Shah Afridi during the warmup , which made him doubtful for the tournament. But the scans now suggest that he will be fit in time for the game against England.
- Md Nabi has had a great run during the warm up fixtures and would look to continue with that.
- The core should comprise of Md Nabi, Rashid Khan, Najibullah Zadran, Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Hazratullah Zazai. On their day this team can beat the best in the world.
1. Hazratullah Zazai
2. Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk)
3. Ibrahim Zadran
4. Karim Janat
5. Najibullah Zadran
6. Md Nabi(C)
7. Azmatullah Omarzai
8. Rashid Khan
9. Mujeeb Ur Rahman
10. Fareed Ahmad
11. Fazalhaq Farooqi
Rashid Khan Stats in T20I
Rashid Khan’s ability with the ball is hidden to none. Needless to say that he holds the key for Afghanistan. However, apart from his bowling his cameos with the bat can also prove to be vital in order to get the Afghans over the line.
Md Nabi Stats in T20I
Md Nabi is the skipper of the Afghans, and he has been around for sometime. His form would lift up the spirit of the entire team and thus, his role of a finisher and his off spin bowling becomes all the more important.
Who will win England vs Afghanistan today match?
- England would enjoy the conditions at the Perth Stadium and should look to make the most of the conditions.
- England have faced Afghanistan twice in T20I and England have got the better of their opponents in both of those games.
- England look stronger on paper as compared to Afghanistan, but yeah, be ready for upsets.
Considering form, head to head record and morale of both sides, England are favourites to win as per our England vs Afghanistan today match prediction.
ENG vs AFG Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keeper: Jos Butler
Batters: Ibrahim Zadran, Najibullah Zadran, Dawid Malan, Liam Livingstone
All-rounder: Md Nabi, Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali
Bowlers: Rashid Khan, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.
ENG vs PAK Dream11 Captain and Vice Captain
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Jos Butler, Rashid Khan.
For Grand League: Liam Livingstone, Ben Stokes.
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips