IND vs NZ Dream11 Prediction | India vs New Zealand Match Preview | Fantasy Team & Team News
India versus New Zealand, the 18th Match of the World Cup, is expected to be a gruelling contest. New Zealand thrashed India in the Warm-up match a couple of weeks ago and India will be looking for vengeance, especially since they have been dominant in the last two matches they’ve played.
Both India and New Zealand are the only 2 teams that are undefeated so far in this tournament. New Zealand is on a three-win streak and the winner of this match will disrupt the other’s streaks. India gave Australia a reality check in the last match, defeating them by 36 runs.
Even though it can be argued that New Zealand has faced mediocre teams of this tournament like Sri Lanka and Afghanistan, their players are performing well individually and are well in sync with each other.
Competition – ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
Venue – Trent Bridge, Nottingham
Date & Time – 13th June, 03:00 PM IST
Where to watch: Star Sports & Hotstar
Pitch Stats & Information
Average 1st innings score: 252
Average 2nd innings score: 220
Highest Total: 481/6, Lowest Total: 83/10
Highest Chased: 350/3, Lowest Defended: 195/9
In recent years, since the shortage of the outfield and a straight boundary on one side, it has made Trent Bridge a batting haven. It won’t be a surprise if one of the teams scheduled to play here is able to score close to 500. The team who wins the toss should elect to field first, but it depends on their batting performance.
IND vs NZ Head to Head
India and New Zealand just met a couple of months ago, in February for an ODI and T20 series. While India won the ODI series 4-1, NZ went ahead to win the T20 series 2-1. The lineup for India at that time was completely different, with experienced players like Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni being absent from the team.
India’s recent ODI run (latest first):
- 09th June – Won vs Australia by 36 runs
- 05th June – Won vs South Africa by 6 wickets
- 28th May – Won vs Bangladesh by 95 runs
New Zealand’s recent ODI run (latest first):
- 08th June – Won vs Afghanistan by 7 wickets
- 05th June – Won vs Bangladesh by 2 wickets
- 01st June – Won vs Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
IND vs NZ Dream11 Team News & Squad
- Shikhar Dhawan suffered a hairline fracture on his thumb versus Australia. He has been put under observation but has been confirmed to be missing matches for the next 3 weeks.
- For the upcoming match, Vijay Shankar or Dinesh Karthik will replace the number 4 spot, with KL Rahul opening for India in place of Dhawan.
- Rishabh Pant has been asked to fly in from Delhi and put on standby in the case that Dhawan is ruled out of the tournament.
India Playing XI (probable):
MS Dhoni (wk), Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (c), Dinesh Karthik , Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kedar Jadhav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Lokesh Rahul, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya
Bench: Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Vijay Shankar, Shikhar Dhawan
New Zealand Playing XI (probable):
Ross Taylor, Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson (c), Colin de Grandhomme, Trent Boult, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Lockie Ferguson, Tom Latham (wk), Matt Henry
Bench: Tim Southee, Tom Blundell, Henry Nicholls, Ish Sodhi
SL vs NZ Dream11 Fantasy Team
Fantasy Picks from India
Virat Kohli | Hardik Pandya | Jasprit Bumrah | Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Virat Kohli remains a dominant choice as one of the best batsmen. Scoring 82 off 77 really helped the team reach a total of 352. He didn’t do well in the previous match vs SA but should improve here on out.
- All-rounder Hardik Pandya was the catalyst for India in the last match. He went nuclear with the bat (48 off 27) and while his bowling wasn’t upto par, he maintained a 6.80 economy.
- Jasprit Bumrah has been very consistent in this tournament for India. He bagged 3 wickets at the expense of only 50 runs in the 10 overs he bowled (6.10 economy). He has been India’s top bowler alongside Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who also grabbed 3 wickets in the last match with an even lower economy of 5.00.
Fantasy Picks from New Zealand
Kane Williamson | Trent Boult | Lockie Ferguson
- Kane Williamson is New Zealand’s top batsmen currently. He’s amassed a total of 139 in two innings with an average strike rate of 67.68.
- In the warm-up match versus India, Trent Boult was the X-factor because of his 4 wicket haul. He will definitely be an important resource against India’s top order.
- Lockie Ferguson is another phenomenal bowler. He’s been grabbing wickets left right and centre, totalling 8 wickets in 3 matches. His average economy across all three matches is 3.83 which makes him an ideal choice.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.