KOL vs RR Dream11 Match Prediction FREE TEAMS | KKR vs RR Today IPL Match 1 November
Updated on: Nov 1, 2020 4:21 pm IST
KOL vs RR Dream11 Prediction: The paths to play-offs are not straight forward for Kolkata Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals but both will look to do what they can only do – To win and accumulate two points. A victory here won’t be enough for either of them to qualify but will at least give them a chance to go through if other results go their way. We will preview KOL vs RR Dream11 contest.
Kolkata Knight Riders’ play-offs chances faced a significant dent when they lost to Chennai Super Kings in their last match. Batting first, Shubman Gill and Nitish Rana provided them a good base with a half-century stand. Nitish Rana continued on and scored a magnificent 87. But a couple of quick wickets in the middle overs prevented KKR from posting 180+ total. They set a target of 173 to CSK in the end. In bowling, Pat Cummins and Varun Chakravarthy gave CSK a scare in the second half but lack of wicket-taking intent hurt KKR as Ravindra Jadeja took CSK over the line with a late onslaught.
Rajasthan Royals are on a late roll in this year’s competition as they beat two in-form teams in their previous couple of matches. Bowling first against Kings XI Punjab, RR conceded an above par total to KXIP thanks to a Chris Gayle masterclass. Jofra Archer and Ben Stokes scalped a couple each but KXIP piled 185 runs on the board. In reply, Ben Stokes and Robin Uthappa came all guns blazing as they put on 60 in just 5.3 overs. Ben Stokes brought up his fifty in just 25 balls. Coming in at number 3, Sanju Samson also contributed with 48 runs. Experienced International pair of Jos Buttler and Steve Smith held their nerves as RR sailed through more than two overs to spare.
In head-to-head comparisons, both these teams are neck and neck in their historical records. Kolkata Knight Riders have won 11 of their previous encounters while Rajasthan came out on top in 10 of those matches. In last 5 matches, KKR have been pretty dominant with a 4-1 lead. In the first meeting this year at the same venue, KKR beat RR in a comfortable fashion.
Pitch and Conditions
We are expecting slower conditions at Dubai today as pitch from yesterday’s match between DC & MI will be used again. That was a low-scoring encounter as Delhi batsmen struggled for timing all throughout. The surface may get even slower and lower today but dew in the evening may help stroke-players from both the sides. Scores around 160s should remain par today.
KOL vs RR Dream11 Teams Match Details
Fixture name: Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Rajasthan Royals, Match 54, IPL 2020
Competition: IPL 2020
Date: 1st November 2020
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Stadium: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Kolkata Knight Riders: 04, Rajasthan Royals: 01, NR: 00
Points Table Standings
Kolkata Knight Riders: Matches- 13, Win- 6, Loss- 7, Points- 12, Standing- 7th
Rajasthan Royals: Matches- 13, Win- 6, Loss- 7, Points- 12, Standing- 6th
Kolkata Knight Riders: LLWLW
Rajasthan Royals: WWLWL
Last Match at the Venue
Delhi Capitals (110/9, 20 Overs) lost to Mumbai Indians (111/1, 14.2 Overs) by 9 wickets, 31st October 2020.
KOL vs RR Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the squad news and KOL Vs RR Dream11 predictions for today’s encounter.
Kolkata Knight Riders Team News
- Kolkata Knight Riders are likely to go in with the same playing XI from their last match.
- Shubman Gill and Nitish Rana will open for them with former will be looking to cap off an indifferent season with a good performance. Rahul Tripathi’s form has been an area of concern after couple of good innings earlier.
- Eoin Morgan should be batting at number 4 while Sunil Narine will remain their floater in the batting lineup. Dinesh Karthik is likely to be their finisher.
- Pat Cummins adds all-round value to this lineup while Lockie Ferguson would be hoping to overcome last match’s performance. Varun Chakravarthy has had a breakout season while two of Prasidh Krishna, Kamlesh Nagarkoti and Rinku Singh will play according to the combinations in our KOL vs RR Dream11 prediction.
KOL Playing 11 (Probable)
Rajasthan Royals Team News
- There are no reasons why Rajasthan Royals should tinker with their winning combination today.
- Ben Stokes is back to his best with two magnificent innings while Robin Uthappa is yet to make a substantial score. Sanju Samson has been playing with confidence since his India selection a week back.
- Steve Smith and Jos Buttler will build the middle order core for RR while Riyan Parag and Rahul Tewatia have done exceedingly well when they got opportunities.
- Jofra Archer will again have to do bulk of their work in the bowling along with Shreyas Gopal. Kartik Tyagi has proved to be expensive in recent matches while they may consider Ankit Rajpoot again in place of Varun Aaron.
RR Playing 11 (Probable)
KOL vs RR Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
WK: Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson
Batsmen: Steve Smith, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Eoin Morgan
All-rounders: Ben Stokes
Bowlers: Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Varun Chakravarthy, Kamlesh Nagarkoti
For Small Leagues
- Ben Stokes is the premier option from today’s lineups. When he is in form, he just tends to maximize every innings of his. He currently looks in that zone while opening the batting for Rajasthan. With Sunil Narine and Eoin Morgan in KKR middle order, he is likely to bowl his full quota of overs as well.
- Jofra Archer has probably been the best bowler in this competition in terms of bowling with new ball. He has made batsmen jumping around with extra zip and pace. With 19 wickets so far, he will be looking to utilize the conditions at Dubai today with Nitish Rana and Rahul Tripathi on his radar.
- We are trusting Shubman Gill again from this KKR batting lineup. He hasn’t quite able to convert this season into a significant one as he has shown in some of the innings but still 404 runs from 13 innings from a young Indian opener is a decent season none the less. He scored 47 runs from 34 balls in the previous match against RR.
For Grand Leagues
- Jos Buttler is a good pick for the grand leagues today. RR have been using him as a finisher but given that KKR do have a quality fast-bowling attack, top order may get some early inroads. That will be an upside to Jos Buttler’s fantasy potential today.
- Nitish Rana can be picked on basis of his recent form. He is a risk-reward option given his weakness against express pace bowler and RR are having one of the very best in Jofra Archer. Clearly, his returns today will depend upon how he plays Jofra Archer with the new ball. His last 3 scores are: 87, 0 & 81.
- Varun Chakravarthy has had a season of dreams this year. Only a couple of years back, he decided to give up on his cricket career and became an architect. But on the back of his performances this year, he received his maiden India call-up for the Australian tour. With 15 wickets from 12 matches, he is the leading wicket-taker for KKR. He took 2-25 from his 4 overs in the first fixture against Rajasthan Royals.
Who will win KOL vs RR Today Match Prediction?
As per our KOL vs RR Today Match Prediction, there is nothing much to choose between these two sides as both look equally capable of producing a result in their favour today. Just on recent form, you can term Rajasthan Royals as slight favourites but you can’t take Kolkata Knight Riders for granted in any case as they have enough proven performers in their ranks.