PS-W vs ST-W Dream11 Prediction, Playing 11, Top Picks, Fantasy Cricket Tips for WBBL 2022 Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Oct 21, 2022 2:44 pm IST
PS-W vs ST-W Dream11 Prediction: Perth is set to host the 14th derby of the Women’s Big Bash League on Saturday (October 22). Perth Scorchers Women will lock horns with Sydney Thunder Women at the Western Australia Cricket Association Ground (WACA). It’s the eighth edition of the tournament, where eight teams will participate and 59 matches will be played in a round-robin format, followed by knockout finals.
Scorchers, on the other hand, are on a mission to defend their WBBL 2021/22 title. The star-studded side is yet to be defeated in the ongoing tournament.
Thunder, led by Rachael Haynes, are one of the three most successful teams in the tournament; they have won two titles so far. However, with a disappointing start to the tournament, the side will be aiming for a victorious run ahead.
The game will commence at 10:00 AM (IST).
PS -W vs ST-W Dream11 Prediction for Today’s Match
Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women, Match 14, Women’s Big Bash League 2022/23
Fixture: Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women
Date and Time: October 22, 10:00 AM IST
Venue: Western Australia Cricket Association Ground (WACA), Perth
Where to watch PS-W vs ST-W Live?
Watch PS-W vs ST-W -W live, on Sony Sports Network. All the Women’s Big Bash League games will also be telecasted live on the SonyLIV app and website.
Tournament Points Table
|Teams||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied/No Result||Points||Net Run Rate|
Sydney Thunder Women vs Perth Scorchers Women Pitch Report
It’s a balanced pitch at the WACA in Sydney and better suited for the pacers. Deeming the last five games played at the venue, the average first innings score is 136, while the total average score has been around 128. 60% of the teams batting first at the venue have won the games. Also, 60% of the captains preferred to bat first after winning the toss at the venue. Moreover, the weather on matchday is predicted to hover around 19.58° Celcius, with broken clouds up in the sky.
Last Result at the Venue
Perth Scorchers Women (111/8) beat Melbourne Stars Women (110/9) by 2 wickets – October 20, 2022
Last five matches – (the most recent first)
Perth Scorchers Women: W W W W W
Sydney Thunder Women: L L L L W
Perth Scorchers Playing 11
- Scorchers are likely to open with the skipper Sophie Devine and Beth Mooney. Devine bowls with a medium pace, while Mooney will keep the wickets.
- The Scorchers’ middle order is prone to include Chloe Piparo, Maddy Green, Marizanne Kapp, and Mathilda Carmichael. Kapp is a pace bowling all-rounder.
- The side is likely to play pacers Amy Edgar, Piepa Cleary, Lily Mils, and Taneale Peschel.
- Alana King may play as the chief spinner of the side.
Probable Playing 11:
- Sophie Devine (C)
- Beth Mooney (WK)
- Chloe Piparo
- Maddy Green
- Marizanne Kapp
- Mathilda Carmichael
- Alana King
- Amy Edgar
- Piepa Cleary
- Lily Mills
- Taneale Peschel
Marizanne Kapp’s WBBL 2022 Stats
The Proteas all-rounder has a raw pace and some explosive batting skills. She played a vital role in the Scorchers’ title-winning run last year.
Sophie Devine’s WBBL 2022 Stats
Devine is a medium-fast pacer and is an explosive-opening batter. The skipper has led the Scorchers, to the 2021 title.
Sydney Thunder Women Playing 11
- Thunder are likely to open with Tammy Beaumont and Phoebe Litchfield.
- The Thunder middle-order may comprise skipper and former Australia batter Rachael Haynes, Anika Learoyd, Chloe Tryon, and Tahlia Wilson. Tryon is a lefty spin-bowling all-rounder, while Wilson may keep the wickets.
- Sammy-Jo Johnson may be an all-rounder and can bowl at a medium pace.
- Thunder are likely to play the spin-bowling duo of Lauren Smith and Samantha Bates.
- Belinda Vakarewa and Lea Tahuhu are likely to lead the pace unit of Thunder.
Probable Playing 11:
- Tammy Beaumont
- Phoebe Litchfield
- Amy Jones
- Rachael Haynes (C)
- Tahlia Wilson (WK)
- Sammy-Jo Johnson
- Olivia Poter
- Lea Tahuhu
- Lauren Smith
- Belinda Vakarewa
- Samantha Bates
Sammy-Jo Johnson’s WBBL Stats
Johnson is perhaps, one of the most experienced members of the Thunder unit. Johnson can bowl at a medium pace and can provide explosive batting performances too.
Rachael Haynes’s WBBL Stats
The former Aussie batter has retired from international cricket and is leading the Thunder team. She is one of the most experienced batters on the board and can score consistently.
Who will win Perth Scorchers Women vs Sydney Thunder Women today Match?
- Deeming the last WBBL edition, ST-W finished seventh in the points table, in absence of Haynes. While PS-W finished the 2021 season as the champions.
- Considering the last five games played between the sides, PS-W have won three out of them, while HB-W have won only one, with one being no result.
- In their most recent encounter of the WBBL 2022, PS-W beat ST-W by 9 wickets.
- In the ongoing tournament, PS-W are yet to be defeated, while ST-W have not won any game, after three league-stage games.
Considering form, head-to-head record, and morale of both sides, Perth Scorchers Women are favorites to win, as per our Sydney Thunder Women vs Perth Scorchers Women today match prediction.
PS-W vs ST-W Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-Keeper: Beth Mooney
Batters: Rachael Haynes, Pheobe Litchfield, Maddy Green
All-Rounders: Sammy-Jo Johnson, Marizanne Kapp, Sophie Devine
Bowlers: Samantha Bates, Alana King, Lilly Mills, Taneale Peschel
PS-W vs ST-W Dream11 Captain and Vice-Captain
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Marizanne Kapp (C) and Sammy-Jo Johnson (VC)
For Grand League: Sophie Devine (C) and Rachael Haynes (VC)
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips