SL vs AFG Dream11 Prediction Asia Cup 2022 Live Score, Pitch Report, Player Stats, Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Sep 2, 2022 4:56 pm IST
SL vs AFG Dream11 Prediction: In the opening game of the Super 4 stage of the Asia Cup 2022, Sri Lanka will be taking on Afghanistan at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium in Sharjah on 3 September, 2022 (Saturday). The Dasun Shanaka-led Sri Lankan side will definitely be feeling very much high on confidence as they are coming into this game after having registered an incredible 2-wicket win over Bangladesh. On the other hand, Afghanistan picked two amazing back-to-back victories against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh during the group stage of the T20 tournament.
SL vs AFG Dream11 Prediction for Today Match
Fixture Name: Match 7, Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan
Competition: Asia Cup 2022
Date: 3 September, 2022
Time: 7:30 PM IST
Ground: Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
Watch Asia Cup 2022 Live Score
Watch Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan Live on Star Sports Network and Disney+ Hotstar app.
Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan Pitch Report
As seen in the previous few games at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, there was enough assistance both for the batters and bowlers throughout the match. Both the spinners and fast bowlers have extracted enough from this track in the history of the venue as well, but the conditions are expected to be better for batting and picking more of spinners and batsmen will be an ideal option from the fantasy cricket point of view.
Team Form Guide:
AFG (recent last): W W L W W
SL (recent last): W L W L L
SL Playing 11
- There are no major injury problems in the Sri Lanka camp.
- They are unlikely to make any big time changes from the previous game.
- Dasun Shanaka will be the captain.
- Kusal Mendis will don the wicket-keeping duties.
- The likes of Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Charith Asalanka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa will once again be expected to deliver the goods in the batting department.
- The trio of Wanindu Hasaranga, Asitha Fernando and Chamika Karunaratne will be their important wicket-taking bowlers.
Wanindu Hasaranga Stats in T20I
For Sri Lanka, Wanindu Hasaranga has emerged as a great wicket-taking bowler in the shorter format of the game. Wanindu Hasaranga ended up taking as many as two crucial wickets in the match against Bangladesh.
|40||65||6.6||2/41, 1/19, 24*, 69* & 2/18, 1/30, 0/26|
Bhanuka Rajapaksa Stats in T20I
Sri Lanka’s swashbuckling batsman Bhanuka Rajapaksa will be a key player to watch out for in this crucial game against Afghanistan. In the last game against Afghanistan, Bhanuka Rajapaksa scored 38 runs off 29 balls.
|23||390||2||2, 38, 9, 14, 34, 4|
AFG Playing 11
Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Related: Asia Cup Winners List
- There are no major injury problems in the Afghanistan camp.
- They are unlikely to tinker with their winning combination from the last game.
- Mohammad Nabi will captain the side.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz will be the wicket-keeper.
- They will once again depend a lot on the likes of Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran and Najibullah Zadran to come good with the bat.
- The likes of Rashid Khan, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Naveen-ul-Haq will form a crucial part of the bowling attack.
Rahmanullah Gurbaz Stats in T20I
For Afghanistan, Rahmanullah Gurbaz looked in a brilliant touch during the opening game against Sri Lanka. While chasing a small total, Rahmanullah Gurbaz smacked a blazing knock of 40 runs off just 18 deliveries that included 4 sixes and 3 fours.
|29||727||136.9||4||11, 40, 4, 24, 53, 1|
Rashid Khan Stats in T20I
Afghanistan’s premier leg-spinner Rashid Khan has been an impressive bowler in the shorter format of the game. Rashid Khan had bowled an excellent spell against Bangladesh where he picked three vital scalps.
|68||115||6.17||13.91||3/22, 0/12, 1/17, 2/21, 0/38, 0/27|
Who will win Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan today match?
- Sri Lanka have witnessed as many as 3 defeats and 2 T20I victories in the recent while.
- Afghanistan have managed to win 4 out of their last 5 T20I matches so far.
- In the most recent meeting between these two sides, Afghanistan defeated Sri Lanka by 8 wickets.
According to the Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan today match prediction, Afghanistan are the favourites to win this match.
SL vs AFG Dream11 Team Prediction
WICKET-KEEPERS: Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Kusal Mendis
BATTERS: Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Hazratullah Zazai, Najibullah Zadran
ALL-ROUNDERS: Wanindu Hasaranga, Mohammad Nabi, Dasun Shanaka
BOWLERS: Maheesh Theekshana, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Related: Top 5 Batsmen with Most Runs in T20I
SL vs AFG Dream11 Prediction Captain & Vice Captain Choices
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Rashid Khan, Wanindu Hasaranga.
For Grand League: Hazratullah Zazai, Mohammad Nabi.
Related: Who will win Asia Cup 2022?
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips