Auckland, January 11 at 11:30 AM IST
After a dominant show in the one-day internationals, confident New Zealand are up against Sri Lanka in a one-off T20 International at Eden Park. The hosts do not boast a record (one win one in last ten T20 Internationals) to be proud of and would be keen on making an improvement in the format. Sri Lanka, on the other hand, would look for redemption after a dismal one-day international series and would come out to end the tour on a positive note.
Head-to-head (last five fixtures)
New Zealand – 2, Sri Lanka – 2, No Result – 1
New Zealand Team News: The hosts have rested regular skipper Kane Williamson for the fixture. James Neesham is also unavailable. All-rounders Mitchell Santer and Doug Bracewell are a part of the New Zealand’s squad and are both in contention to feature.
Sri Lanka Team News: Danushka Gunathilaka is unavailable for Sri Lanka after sustaining a back problem in the third ODI.
SL Playing 11: Lasith Malinga (c), Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya de Silva, Thisara Perera, Lakshan Sandakan, Kasun Rajitha, Seekkuge Prasanna, Two out of Dinesh Chandimal, Dasun Shanaka and Asela Gunaratne
NZ Playing 11: Tim Southee (c), Glenn Phillips, Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Doug Bracewell, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Tim Seifert, Ross Taylor, Two out of Ish Sodhi, Scott Kuggeleijn, Seth Rance & Lockie Ferguson
Team 1, 2, 3, 4: Top-order dominates
– Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Kusal Perera, Niroshan Dickwella and Kusal Mendis are all quite capable to win a cricket game on their own.
– Choose captain/vice-captain from the above mentioned.
Team 5, 6: Thisara Perera delivers, again!
– If Sri Lanka had one more Thisara Perera, ODI series could have been a close affair. After his confident shows in the 50-over format, this could well be his day.
– Try different combinations around Thisara Perera.
Team 7, 8, 9: Other potential match winners
– Ross Taylor, Mitchell Santner and Lasith Malinga are among others who can make a big impact here.
– You can try them as a captain of your fantasy team.