SL vs SA Dream11 Prediction
SL vs SA Match Prediction Tips | Sri Lanka vs South Africa Who Will Win Today Match
Dambulla, July 29 at 09:45 AM IST
After a demeaning beating at the hands of the home side in Whites, now it is time for the limited over games to take the centre stage where the visitors South Africa will try to change their fortunes and put up a decent show after the mauling they got in the Test series.
First and foremost, the visitors should be tasked to overcome the spin menace which made them look like a mediocre of a batting line-up in the Test series. They need to have a plan to tackle the spin threat Sri Lanka produce otherwise the result could be the same as we saw in the test series. With Angelo Mathews returning back to lead Sri Lanka, the team would be in a great environment and will look to dominate the visitors alike in the Test series.
South Africa do possess a threat with their formidable batting line-up with the likes of Quinton de Kock, Faf du Plessis, JP Duminy, David Miller, Heinrich Klassen, the batting line up does look a static one and it will solely depend on how they tackle the spin threat in spin-friendly tracks to get themselves a chance of winning the series.
Last ODI result at the venue: Sri Lanka 216/10 lost to India 220/1 – Aug 20, 2017, by 9 wickets and 127 balls to spare.
Read on for SL vs SA Dream11 Team News and Sri Lanka vs South Africa team news and playing 11.
SL vs SA Team News
- Angelo Mathews is back to lead a 15 member Sri Lankan squad after missing out in the Test series.
- Sri Lanka have named uncapped left-arm spinner Prabath Jayasuriya.
- Dinesh Chandimal who is serving 2 Test and 4 ODI will be missing out.
- All-rounder Willem Mulder has been named in the South African side after playing his last match in 2017.
- Reeza Hendricks and Junior Dala have been included in the ODI squad after impressing in the three-match home T20 series against India in Feb 2018.
SL vs SA Playing 11
Speaking of the SL vs SA Playing 11, here’s how the two sides can line-up.
Sri Lanka playing 11(Probable):
Wicket-keeper: Niroshan Dickwella
Batsmen: Upul Tharanga, Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera, Dhananjaya de Silva
All-rounders: Thisara Perera, Angelo Mathews(c) (Doubt: Dasun Shanaka)
Bowlers: Suranga Lakmal, Akila Dananjaya, Prabath Jayasuriya, Lakshan Sandakan (Doubt: Lahiru Kumara, Kasun Rajitha)
South Africa playing 11(Probable):
Wicket-keeper: Quinton de Kock
Batsmen: Faf du Plessis(c), Hashim Amla, Aiden Markram, David Miller (Doubt: Heinrich Klassen)
All-rounders: Jean-Paul Duminy, Andile Phehlukwayo
Bowlers: Tabraiz Shamsi, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Keshav Maharaj (Doubt: Junior Dala)
SL vs SA Squads
Sri Lanka: Angelo Mathews(c), Upul Tharanga, Kusal Mendis, Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Kusal Perera, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara, Kasun Rajitha, Dhananjaya de Silva, Niroshan Dickwella(wk), Prabath Jayasuriya, Lakshan Sandakan, Shehan Jayasuriya, Akila Dananjaya
South Africa: Faf du Plessis(c), Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock(wk), Jean-Paul Duminy, Heinrich Klaasen, Reeza Hendricks, Keshav Maharaj,David Miller, Willem Mulder, Aiden Markram, Lungi Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Junior Dala
SL vs SA Key Players
- In the batting, Niroshan Dickwella, Upul Tharanga and Kusal Mendis will be the responsible ones.
- Bowling will be lead by the spinners primarily with Lakshan Sandakan and Akila Dananjaya being the picks.
- Batting mainstays for SA would be Hashim Amla, Faf du Plessis and Quinton de Kock.
- Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Kagiso Rabada and Keshav Maharaj will be the bowlers to rely on.
Note: This SL vs SA Dream11 prediction is based on news sourced from various sources. We suggest you pick your playing 11 from the squad listed above basis Sri Lanka vs South Africa team news.
SL vs SA Dream11 Team
Note: Kindly revisit before the deadline to get the final update of the Sri Lanka vs South Africa Dream11 Prediction. Also, hit the bell icon on the bottom right side of your screen to get all the latest Dream11 prediction updates.
Like this article? For more sports news and fantasy predictions, visit IndiaFantasy.com