Somerset vs Middlesex Match Prediction Tips | ESS vs SOM English ODD Cup Who will win Today Match
South Group, Royal London One-Day Cup
Somerset vs Middlesex Dream11 Prediction
Varun Chopra’s swashbuckling 160 choked the life out of Somerset’s defiance, as they plummeted to a 40-run loss at the hands of Essex at Chelmsford on Friday night. Groenwald (3-43) and skipper Trego were the picks of the bowlers for Somerset. Chasing 314, Trego was once again at his team’s fore, compiling a pristine 50 off 52 balls, but apart from Banton (40) and van der Merve (61), did not get much support from others and were eventually bowled out for 273.
With two wins in four matches, Somerset would be looking to get back to winning ways when they host Middlesex, who are currently placed at the 2nd spot with three wins in four games. Middlesex was imperious against Sussex in the last fixture. The opening duo of Stirling (116) and Gubbins (86) helped them to a competitive 4-288 in 50 overs, which was defended with ease, thanks to an inspired bowling performance spearheaded by Ravi Patel (4-58) and well supported by Sowter (3-43 in 7.5 overs).
Middlesex now head to Taunton, to take on Somerset in a bid to further consolidate their position in the points table.
Where: The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton
When: 03:30 PM IST/10:00 Local
Read further for SOM vs MID Dream11 Team News and Somerset vs Middlesex Playing11.
SOM vs MID Team News
- Somerset has named a 15-member squad for their home fixture against Middlesex.
- Somerset will be without Josh Davey (Quad), and Tom Abell (finger injury), and Jack Leach (broken thumb),
- Middlesex has named a 15-member squad for their trip to Taunton against Somerset.
SOM vs MID Playing 11 (Last Playing 11)
Here’s a look at SOM vs MID Playing 11.
Batsmen- J Myburgh, T Banton, Matt Renshaw, J Hildreth,
All-rounder- R van der Merwe, P Trego, (Doubt: Green)
Bowlers- C Overton, T Groenewald, J Overton, Max Waller
Wicket-keeper: John Simpson
Batsmen: Eoin Morgan Nick Gubbins Steve Eskenazi, Paul Stirling, (Doubt: John Simpson)
All-rounders: Hilton Cartwright James Franklin
Bowlers: Steven Finn, Tom Helm, Ravi Patel, Nathan Sowter (Doubt: Tom Barber, James Harris)
SOM vs MID Dream11 Squads
Jamie Overton, Matt Renshaw, Peter Trego, Roelof van der Merwe, Paul van Meekeren, Max Waller, Tom Banton, Steve Davies, Ben Green, Tim Groenewald, James Hildreth, Johann Myburgh, Craig Overton
Tom Helm, Max Holden, Eoin Morgan, Ravi Patel, John Simpson (wk), Nathan Sowter, Paul Stirling, James Fuller, Steven Finn (c), Tom Barber, Hilton Cartwright, Stephen Eskinazi, James Franklin, Nick Gubbins, James Harris
SOM vs MID Key Players
- Skipper Trego, Banton, and Roelof van der Merve scored the fifties in Somerset’s 40-run loss to Essex.
- Groenwald (3-43), Craig Overton (3-72), and skipper Tego (2-54) had a great day with the ball against Essex.
- Gubbins (86) and Stirling (116) were the chief architects with the bat in Middlesex 70-run win over Sussex.
- Ravi Patel (4-58), was well supported by skipper Finn (3-29), and Sowter (3-43) in the bowling department.