ST-W vs HB-W Dream11 Prediction, Playing 11, Top Picks, Fantasy Cricket Tips for WBBL Sydney Thunder Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Oct 13, 2022 8:55 pm IST
Sydney is set to host the second derby of the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) on Friday (October 14). Sydney Thunder Women will lock horns with Hobart Hurricanes Women at the Blacktown International Sportspark. It’s the eighth edition of the tournament, where eight teams will participate and 59 matches will be played in a round-robin format, followed by knockout finals.
Thunder, led by Rachael Haynes, are one of the three most successful teams in the tournament; they have won two titles so far.
Hurricanes, on the other hand, are in search of their maiden Women’s Big Bash League title. Led by the Aussie veteran Elyse Villani, the Hurricanes possess a quality lineup.
The game will commence at 9:30 AM (IST).
ST -W vs HB-W Dream11 Prediction for Today’s Match
Sydney Thunder Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women 1st Match Women’s Big Bash League 2022/23
Fixture: Sydney Thunder Heat Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women
Date and Time: October 14, 9:30 AM IST
Venue: Blacktown International Sportspark, Sydney
Where to watch ST-W vs HB-W Live?
Watch ST-W vs HB-W -W live, on Sony Sports Network. All the Women’s Big Bash League games will also be telecasted live on the SonyLIV app and website.
Tournament Points Table
|Teams||Matches||Won||Lost||Tied/No Result||Points||Net Run Rate|
Sydney Thunder Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women Pitch Report
It’s a batting pitch at the Blacktown International Sportspark in Sydney and better suited for the pacers. Deeming the last five games played at the venue, the average first innings score is 132, while the total average score has been around 129. 60% of the teams batting first at the venue have won the games. Also, 60% of the captains preferred to bat first after winning the toss at the venue. Moreover, the weather on matchday is predicted to hover around 20.53° Celcius, with overcast clouds up in the sky.
Last Result at the Venue
BH-W (115/2) beat ST-W (111/9) by 8 wickets – WBBL 2020-21, November 11, 2020
Last five matches – (the most recent first)
Brisbane Heat Women: L W L W NR
Sydney Sixers Women: W W L L W
ST-W Playing 11
- Thunder are likely to open with Tammy Beaumont and Sammy-Jo Johnson. Johnson is an all-rounder and can bowl at a medium pace.
- The Thunder middle-order may comprise skipper and former Australia batter Rachael Haynes, English wicket-keeper Amy Jones, Phoebe Litchfield, and lefty spin-bowling all-rounder Chloe Tryon.
Corinne Hall may be another batter on the board.
- Thunder are likely to play the spin-bowling duo of Tahlia Wilson and Lauren Smith.
- Hannah Darlington and Belinda Vakarewa are likely to lead the pace unit of Thunder.
Probable Playing 11:
- Tammy Beaumont
- Sammy-Jo Johnson
- Rachael Haynes (C)
- Amy Jones (WK)
- Phoebe Litchfield
- Chloe Tryon
- Tahlia Wilson
- Lauren Smith
- Corinne Hall
- Hannah Darlington
- Belinda Vakarewa
Sammy-Jo Johnson’s WBBL Stats
Johnson is perhaps, one of the most experienced members of the Thunder unit. Johnson can bowl at a medium pace and can provide explosive batting performances too.
Hannah Darlington’s WBBL Stats
Darlington is an all-rounder who can bowl at a medium pace. She had a cracking season last year which admitted her into the Aussie national team.
HB-W Playing 11
- Hurricanes are likely to open with skipper Elyse Villani and Lizelle Lee. Lee may keep the wickets.
- The Hurricanes middle order may include Mignon du Preez, Ruth Johnston, Heather Graham, and Nicola Carey. Among these, Johnston and Graham can bowl off-spin, while Carey can bowl at a medium pace.
- Naomi Stalenberg could be another pace-bowling all-rounder.
- The Hurricanes spin unit may comprise Molly Strano, Amy Smith, and Rachael Trenaman.
- Hayley Jensen may be the chief pacer in the camp.
Probable Playing 11:
- Elyse Villani (C)
- Lizelle Lee (WK)
- Mignon du Preez
- Ruth Johnston
- Heather Graham
- Nicola Carey
- Naomi Stalenberg
- Molly Strano
- Amy Smith
- Rachael Trenaman
- Hayley Jensen
Elyse Villani’s WBBL Stats
Villani, the skipper, has been pretty consistent with the bat this year. She managed Trent Rockets’ stint at the end of the women’s Hundred this year and has been exceptionally consistent since then.
Nicola Carey’s WBBL Stats
Carey is one of the most experienced and successful players in the WBBL circuit. She can bowl at a medium pace and can bat as well.
Who will win Sydney Thunder Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women today Match?
- Deeming the last WBBL edition, ST-W finished seventh in the points table, in absence of Haynes.
- While HB-W finished the 2021 season as number sixth team in the points table.
- Considering the last five games played between the sides, ST-W have won four out of them, while HB-W have won only one.
- Considering form, head-to-head record, and morale of both sides, ST-W are the favorites to win as per our ST-W vs HB-W today match prediction.
ST-W vs HB-W Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-Keeper: Amy Jones
Batters: Elyse Villani, Rachael Haynes, Mignon du Preez
All-Rounders: Sammy-Jo Johnson, Chloe Tryon, Heather Graham, Nicola Carey
Bowlers: Belinda Vakarewa, Molly Strano, Hannah Darlington
ST-W vs HB-W Dream11 Prediction – Captain and Vice-Captain Picks
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Nicola Carey (C) and Rachael Haynes (VC)
For Grand League: Nicola Carey (C) and Sammy-Jo Johnson (VC)
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips