WI vs SCO Dream11 Prediction, Playing 11, Top Picks, Fantasy Cricket Tips for T20 World Cup 2022 West Indies vs Scotland Dream11 Team for Today’s Match
Updated on: Oct 18, 2022 2:43 am IST
WI vs SCO Dream11 Prediction : The second day of the World Cup marks the opening game of the Group B.It also marks the first game of the two time T20 Champions. Its a pity that a team like the West Indies have to play the Group Stage in order to be a part of the Super 12 especially in the shortest format of the game. Unfortunately, that is the harsh truth about West Indies cricket. All the big guns have retired and the Windies are at a revamp stage with their young captain Nicholas Pooran. He will be eager to prove a point and get West Indies glory in the shortest format of the game. Scotts on the other hand, are in a very tight group and would look to get past the likes of Zimbabwe and Ireland to get a Super 12 berth.
WI vs SCO Dream11 Team Prediction for Today Match
West Indies Vs Scotland, Match 3 of T20 World Cup.
17 October, 9: 30 AM IST
Bellerive Oval, Hobart.
Where to watch WI vs SCO Live?
Watch WI vs SCO Live on Star Sports Network. Online streaming will be available on the Disney + Hotstar app.
West Indies vs Scotland Pitch Report
The conditions at the Bellerive Oval in Hobart are ideal for the batters. The ball comes on to the bat and the batters enjoy themselves on a steady paced wicket. Teams usually prefer chasing here, as the pitch becomes better for the batters as the game progresses. Another quick stat, Virat Kohli’s 133 in the ODI game against Sri Lanka in 2012 came here.
Last result at the venue
Australia (161/5 in 18.3 Overs) beat England (155/9 in 20 Overs) by 5 wickets.
West Indies – L W L L W
Netherlands – L L L L W
WI Playing 11
- West Indies are without their key player Shimron Hetmyer due to some unknown reasons, Sharmarh Brooks has been named as his replacement in the squad.
- Jason Holder along with Odean Smith will be the fast bowling all rounders for the Windies.
- Nicholas Pooran has a good opportunity to find his rhythm back before the Super 12.
1. Kyle Mayers
2. Evin Lewis
3. Brandon King
4. Shamarh Brooks
5. Nicholas Pooran (C & wk)
6. Rovman Powell
7. Jason Holder
9. Akeal Hossein
10. Alzari Joseph
11. Obed McCoy
Nicholas Pooran Stats in T20I
Nicholas Pooran has to lead by example if West Indies stand any chance of a fight in the T20 World Cup. His contribution with the bat will be pivotal in order to get the Windies across the line and repeat the glory years.
Brandon King Stats in T20I
On the back of some great performances in the CPL Brandon King has been included in the Windies World Cup squad. He continued his good run in the Warm Up match against UAE and would like to continue the same in the build up to the World Cup.
SCO Playing 11
- Scotland would want to replicate the performances of the T20 World Cup 2021 and enter the Super 12.
- Their captain Richard Berrington and opener George Munsey would hold the key in getting Scotland to a good position.
- Brad Wheal and Mark Watt were the pick of the bowlers for Scotland in the 2021 World Cup and shall now look to do the same this time around.
1. George Munsey
2. Michael Jones
3. Matthew Cross (wk)
4. Richard Berrington
5. Calum MacLeod
6. Michael Leask
7. Mark Watt
8. Chris Greaves
9. Josh Davey
10. Safyaan Sharif
11. Brad Wheal
Richard Berrington Stats in T20I
Richard Berrington would have to lead from the front in order to help Scotland reach the Group Stage. Even last year he scored two fifties and got his team to the Group Stage. Thus, a lot lies on his shoulders.
George Munsey Stats in T20I
The explosive batter has the ability of getting his team off to a flying start and help them reach big totals. His contribution with the bat shall hold the key for Scotland’s success in the Group Stage.
Who will win West Indies vs Scotland today match?
- Both the teams did not have the best of runs in the recent T20I matches and this should look to pounce upon the opportunity and gain some momentum going ahead in the tournament.
- West Indies have faced Scotland thrice in T20I and the Windies have got the better of their opponents in all the three occasions.
- West Indies look stronger on paper as compared to Scotland.
Considering form, head to head record and morale of both sides, West Indies are favourites to win as per our West Indies vs Scotland today match prediction.
WI vs SCO Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keeper: Nicholas Pooran
Batters: George Munsey, Richard Berrington, Rovman Powell, Brandon King,
All-rounder: Jason Holder, Kyle Mayers, Michael Leask
Bowlers: Obed McCoy, Mark Watt, Alzarri Joseph.
WI vs SCO Dream11 Captain and Vice Captain
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Brandon King, Richard Berrington.
For Grand League: Jason Holder, George Munsey.
Click for more Fantasy Cricket Tips