Glenn McGrath (cricketer) Wife, Weight, Height, Age, Records and More
Glenn Donald McGrath
Glenn Donald McGrath was a terrorizing bowler for most of his opponents. He became the nightmare for the batsmen in the world as admitted by several. He was a professional Australian cricketer who played for New South Wales, Worcestershire, and Middlesex while in IPL he played for Delhi Daredevils. McGrath’s hometown is Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia where he got his education done. He became the greatest Australian fast bowler of his time. Once He was doubted after he returned from his ankle injury in 2004 but McGrath answered each and every doubt from his form. He took retiremnet in 2006-07 after Australia whitwashed England in the Ashes by 5-0 and McGrath became the Man of the Tournament.
|Nickname:||Pigeon, Nobby, Millard, Kuly, Ooh Ah|
|Profession:||Australian Professional cricketer|
|Hair Colour:||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth:||9 February 1970|
|Age (as on 2017):||48 years|
|Birth Place:||Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Aquarius|
|Test:||12 November 1993 v New Zealand|
|ODI:||9 December 1993 v South Africa|
|T20I:||17 February 2005 v New Zealand|
|Domestic/State Team:||New South Wales, Worcestershire, Middlesex, Delhi Daredevils.|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||England|
- McGrath holds 7 highest 10th wicket partnerships, and two 10th wicket partnerships of 100+ runs.
- McGrath previously holds the record for conceding the fewest runs in a Test-best 5-wicket haul (until Stuart Broad’s 8/15), and the best 10-wicket haul in a test match. At the time of retirement, he kept the record for most runs scored as a number 11 batsman (603). This record had been surpassed by Srilankan Muttiah Muralitharan.
- After his dismissal for a duck in the fourth test of the 2006–2007 Ashes series, McGrath claimed the record of having scored most ducks in Test cricket than any other Australian cricketer.
- McGrath holds the record for dismissing 104 batsmen for ducks in test cricket.
- McGrath’s win-loss record at World Cup tournaments is quite impressive
- Mcgrath holds an unbreakable record of picking a wicket on his last ball of the Test career, last ball of ODI career and last ball of his last ODI in Australia.
|Career Turning Point|
|Favourite IPL Team:||NA|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Films/TV Show:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Awards and recognitions|
- He was awarded player of the match 13 times in his international career.
- He took three 10-wicket hauls against West-Indies, India and West-Indies.
- He was named as a Member of the order of Australia on Australia Day in 2008 for the service to cricket as a player along and his service for the community through the establishment of Mcgrath foundation.
- In 2008, McGrath was named NSW Australian of the Year.
- He was inducted in Australia’s Hall of Fame in 2011 and ICC’s Hall of Fame in 2013.
Glenn McGrath shared a picture after hunting the African wildlife animal Elephant and he was highly criticised by the people for his gesture. He Killed an elephant but later on, he confessed by saying he deeply regretted shooting African animals though it was legal in Zimbabwe, he was criticised on the social media platforms.
In 2003, Fourth Test Antigua, Glenn McGrath and Ramesh Sarwan involved in an ugly on-field spat which was initiated by McGrath. The Australian great sledged Sarwan on the field by saying some nasty things and he replied in an even funnier way which led both of them provoked and they had a heated conversation.
IPL side Delhi Daredevils benched McGrath in a whole season despite being the most economy bowler of them in the previous edition. It made him say that he’ll never play IPL in his career again.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- He is the first Australian to play for his team in 100 international Test
- He made his 300th prey Brian Lara
- He was named as the most successful pacer in the international history. He has 563 wickets on his name.
- He opened a breast cancer foundation for the breast cancer patients because his wife Jane suffered and died due to this.
- He took 71 wickets in the world cup which a record by a pacer in the history of the tournament.