Glenn Donald McGrath
Glenn Donald McGrath was a terrorizing bowler for most of the opponents as his 150+ bowling speed made him the nightmare of the most of the batsmen in the world. He professional played cricket for Australian team but he also performed for New South Wales, Worcestershire, and Middlesex while in IPL he played for Delhi Daredevils. McGrath’s hometown is Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia where he got his education done. He once said about DD that
|Nickname:||Pigeon, Nobby, Millard, Kuly, Ooh Ah|
|Profession:||Australian Professional cricketer|
|Hair Colour:||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth:||9 February 1970|
|Age (as on 2017):||48 years|
|Birth Place:||Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Aquarius|
|School:||Lancers Convent School in Rohini (New Delhi), Bal Bharti Public School in Rohini (New Delhi)|
|International Debut:||12 November 1993 v New Zealand, 9 December 1993 v South Africa, 17 February 2005 v New Zealand|
|Domestic/State Team:||New South Wales, Worcestershire, Middlesex, Delhi Daredevils.|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||England|
- McGrath holds 7 highest 10th wicket partnerships, and two 10th wicket partnerships of 100+ runs.
- McGrath previously holds the record for conceding the fewest runs in a Test best 5-wicket haul (until Stuart Broad’s 8/15), and the best 10-wicket haul in a test match. At the time of retirement, he kept the record for most runs scored as a number 11 batsman (603). This record had been surpassed by Srilankan Muttiah Muralitharan.
- After his dismissal for a duck in the fourth test of the 2006–2007 Ashes series, McGrath claimed the record of having scored most ducks in Test cricket than any other Australian cricketer.
- McGrath holds the record for dismissing 104 batsmen for ducks in test cricket.
- McGrath’s win-loss record at World Cup tournaments is quite impressive
- Mcgrath holds an unbreakable record of picking a wicket on his last ball of the Test career, last ball of ODI career and last ball of his last ODI in Australia.
|Career Turning Point|
|Favourite IPL Team:||NA|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Films/TV Show:||NA|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Awards and recognitions|
|Lesser Known Facts|
- He is the first Australian to play fr his team in 100 international Test
- He made his 300th prey Brian Lara
- He was named as the most successful pacer in the international history. He has 563 wickets on his name.
- He opened a breast cancer foundation for the breast cancer patients because his wife Jane suffered and died due to this.
- He took 71 wickets in the world cup which a record by a pacer in the history of the tournament.