Manish Krishnanand Pandey
A material of 2008 Under 19 World Cup triumph, Manish Pandey was once considered as the next big thing in Indian cricket as his class, his temperament were compared directly with Virat Kohli. It took him almost 7 years to break into the national side in an away series against the minnows Zimbabwe after some worth performances in the IPL which included a century in the 2009 edition against Deccan Chargers Hyderabad while playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore. At the tender age of 19 he scored that ton and was the first ever Indian to score an IPL hundred. He got into the limelight when he got a call-up in the midway of Australian series in 2016 where India were already 3-0 down, that is where he got his first ODI ton in a winning cause in the fifth ODI and also prevented a whitewash.
|Nickname:||Pandu or Chulbul Pandey|
|Height (approx.):||5’ 8”|
|Weight (approx.):||68 Kg|
|Tattoos:||On his arms and back|
|Date of Birth:||10th September 1989|
|Age (as on 2017):||28 years|
|Birth Place:||Nainital, Uttarakhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Virgo|
|School:||Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Devlali, Nashik, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bengaluru|
|Father:||Krishnanand Pandey (Indian Army)|
|Coach/Mentor:||Jagdish Arun Kumar|
|ODI:||14th July 2015 vs Zimbabwe at Harare|
|T20:||17th July 2015 vs Zimbabwe at Harare|
|Jersey Number:||#9 (International), 51, 10 (IPL, County)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Karnataka, Board President XI, India Under-19s, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Pune Warriors, India Blue, India A, South Zone, Kolkata Knight Riders, India, Mumbai Indians, India A T20, Mysuru Warriors.|
|Nature on field:||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against:||Pakistan and Australia|
|Favourite Shot:||Half sweep-half flick shot|
|Records (main ones)|
- • He is the first Indian to score a century in the IPL. Playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore, he scored a match-winning 114 off 73 balls against Deccan Chargers Hyderabad in 2009 edition played in South Africa.
- Top scorer in the 2009-10 Ranji Trophy as he amassed 882 runs.
|Career Turning Point|
- Got a call-up for the tour of Australia in January 2016 where he hit his maiden ODI century in the 5th match of the series.
|Hobbies:||Playing Play station, Listening Music etc.|
|Favourite Batsmen:||Rahul Dravid and AB de Villiers.|
|Favourite Bowlers:||Morne Morkel|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore and Eden Gardens, Kolkata|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Food:||Prawns, Biriyani, Pani Puri and Masala Puri|
|Favourite Actors:||Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Book:||Every Second Count by Lance Armstrong and Sally Jenkin|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Net Worth:||53 Crore|
|Retainer Fee:||50 Lakh|
|Test Fee:||15 Lakh|
|ODI Fee:||6 Lakh|
|T20 Fee:||3 Lakh|
|IPL 11:||11 crore|
|Lesser Known Facts|
• He was born in Nainital, he came to Bangalore with his family at an age of 15. His father was with the India Army. When his father transferred to Rajasthan a few years later, he decided to stay back in cricket.
• Manish started playing cricket when he was in third grade. His coach Mr Sathish trained him from childhood until he joined KSCA.
• His role model is Rahul Dravid.
• He once thought of joining the Indian Army until he scored his first century of the IPL.
• He was the part of India’s 2008 Under19 squad which was led by the current Indian skipper Virat Kohli.