Mohammed Siraj Indian cricketer: Mohammed Siraj is one more prodigy of raw talents from Hyderabad a city which has produced some impeccable batting talents like Mohammad Azharuddin and VVS Laxman. He made his first-class debut for Hyderabad in the 2015-2016 Ranji Trophy and having played 15 games he has scalped 57 wickets with his best figures being 5 for 52. His fortunes changed when he was picked in the IPL 2017 edition by the Sunrisers Htderabad for a whopping amount of 2.6 Crores and he produced some great bowling spells for his side. Later that year, he got his national cap in the second T20 International against the visiting New Zealand side at the expense of Ashish Nehra who retired after the first T20I of the series. He got a wicket in his debut game but was not at all economical as he gave away 53 runs in his quota of 4 overs. He then represented India in 2 more T20I’s against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh but did not get a chance afterwards. With age by his side and a promising career ahead, he could well be in contention for yet another national team call-up.
|Mohammed Siraj |
|Nickname: ||Miya |
|Role: ||Fast Bowler |
|Autobiography: ||NA |
|Biopic: ||NA |
|Physical Appearance |
|Mohammed Siraj Height (approx.): ||5’ 10” |
|Weight (approx.): ||67 Kg |
|Eye Colour: ||Black |
|Hair Colour: ||Black |
|Tattoos: ||NA |
|Personal Life |
|Date of Birth: ||13th March 1994 |
|Mohammed Siraj Age (as on 2020): ||26 years |
|Birth Place: ||Hyderabad, Telangana, India |
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign: ||Pisces |
|Nationality: ||Indian |
|School: ||Safa Junior College, Nampally, Hyderabad |
|College: ||NA |
|Educational Qualifications: ||12th standard |
|Signature: ||NA |
|Mohammed Siraj Father: ||Mohammed Ghouse (Auto-rickshaw driver) |
|Mother: ||Shabana Begum (used to work as a housemaid) |
|Sister: ||NA |
|Brother: ||Mohammed Ismail (Elder) (Software Engineer) |
|Coach/Mentor: ||Bharat Arun |
|Religion: ||Islam |
|Address: ||Hyderabad, Telangana, India |
|Cricket Career |
|International Debut: |
|Test: ||NA |
|ODI: ||NA |
|T20: ||4 Nov 2017 vs New Zealand at Rajkot |
|Jersey Number: ||#13 (International, IPL, County) |
|Domestic/State Team: ||India, Hyderabad Ranji, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore |
|Nature on field: ||Enthusiastic |
|Likes to play against: ||NA |
|Favourite Ball: ||Yorker |
- At the 2015-2016 Ranji Trophy Season, playing for Hyderabad, Siraj took 41 wickets in 9 games which made him a hot entity for the Indian cricket team
- His 2015-2016 Ranji performance which helped him to grab an IPL contract for Sunrisers Hyderabad
|Hobbies: ||Listening Music |
|Favourite Batsmen: ||NA |
|Favourite Bowlers: ||Dale Steyn, Mitchell Starc |
|Favourite Cricket Ground: ||NA |
|Favourite sports personalities: ||NA |
|Favourite Food: ||Chicken Biryani |
|Favourite Actors: ||NA |
|Favourite Films: ||NA |
|Favourite Book: ||NA |
|Favourite Musicians/Singers: ||NA |
|Favourite Destinations: ||NA |
|Smoking/Alcohol: ||NA |
|Mohammed Siraj Girlfriend |
|Marital Status: ||Unmarried |
|Mohammad Siraj Wife: ||NA |
|Net Worth: ||NA |
|Salary Fee(as in 2018): ||NA |
|Test Fee: ||NA |
|ODI Fee: ||NA |
|T20 Fee: ||NA |
|IPL 11: ||2.60 crore |
- His Father used to drive auto-rickshaw in Hyderabad.
- He used to be a batsman at the initial stage of his career, later he turned his focus to fast bowling.
- His elder brother forced him into cricket.
- In the 2015-2016 Ranji season, he scalped 41 wickets in just 9 games which made him earn an IPL contract for Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- He initially joined the Charminar Cricket Club in Hyderabad.
- Mohammed Siraj earned a sum of INR 10 Lakhs for representing Hyderabad in two consecutive Ranji season (2015-2016). With this amount, he wishes to buy a new home for his family.
- Playing tennis ball cricket helped him develop his ability to bowl the yorker.
- He finally bought a house for himself after getting big money at the IPL auctions in 2018.