|Height (approx.):||173 cm|
|Weight (approx.):||69 kg|
|Eye Colour:||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth:||3 December 1990|
|Age (as on 2018):||27 years|
|Birth Place:||Amroha, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign:||Pisces|
|Father:||Late Tousif Ahmed (Farmer and he also owned a spare part shop)|
|Brother:||Mohammad Haseeb and 2 more|
|Address:||Amroha, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Test:||November 2013 vs West Indies in Kolkata|
|ODI:||6 January 2013 vs Pakistan in Delhi|
|T20:||21 March 2014 vs Pakistan in Dhaka|
|Jersey Number:||#11 (India)|
|Domestic/State Team:||Kolkata Knight Riders, Bengal, East Zone, Delhi Daredevils, Mohun Bagan|
|Nature on field:||Cool|
|Likes to play against:||NA|
- In a match against Hyderabad, during Ranji Trophy 2012–13 in Eden Gardens, Shami returned with 4/36 and 6/71, and scored an unbeaten 15 from 6 balls in the second innings to help Bengal, win the match by 4 wickets.
- In the same season, Shami also took 7/79 and 4/72 against Madhya Pradesh at the Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore where Shami managed to take a hat-trick in the first innings for a losing cause.
- He bowled a record four maiden overs on his debut against Pakistan.
- In an Asia cup match against Afghanistan in 2014, Mohammed Shami became the third fastest Indian to make picked 50 ODI wickets.
- Shami has taken two International 5-wicket hauls. He returned with 5-47 coming in the 2nd innings of his debut test match against the Windies. He also picked 5–112 coming against Australia in 2015.
|Career Turning Point:||Shami’s impressive bowling figures in domestic cricket earned him a spot in the national side.|
|Favourite Cricket Ground:||NA|
|Favourite sports personalities:||NA|
|Favourite Actors:||Amitabh Bachan|
|Cars Collection:||Hyundai i20|
|Girlfriends, Spouse and Children|
|Marriage Date:||6 June 2014|
|IPL 11:||INR 3 crore|
- Shami’s brother, Mohammed Haseeb, was arrested in 2016, for allegedly assaulting a police officer and pressurizing the police to release a few men arrested on charges of cow slaughter. However, his father dismissed the allegations and said that his family was being targeted because of Shami’s fame and their religion. Haseeb was later released on bail
- His wife Hasin Jahan accused him in 2018 of having extra-marital affairs and torturing her for more than 2 years.
|Lesser Known Facts|
- In his teenage years, Mohammed Shami, a devoted learner, used to reach his training venue one-hour earlier. He would then set up his own nets and practice vigorously for hours.
- Interestingly, all the three real brothers of Shami aspired to become a fast bowler in their childhood.
- Shami owes his success to his father Tousif Ali. According to him, his father was the only person who realised his true potential as a bowler and persuaded him to give the sport a try.