AUS vs IRE Today Match Prediction for T20 World Cup 2022 – Who Will Win Australia vs Ireland?
Updated on: Oct 31, 2022 3:41 am IST
AUS vs IRE Today Match Prediction: With the England-Australia clash being washed out due to rain, Group 1 has opened up equally for all teams. Apart from New Zealand, who has almost qualified, all the other teams have a fair chance to make it to the playoffs. The likes of England, Australia, and Ireland are on 3 points each and hence Monday’s match between Ireland and Australia is almost a knockout for the loser. Both teams will have this in their mind and are expected to come all guns blazing for this encounter. Let’s see if Ireland has what it takes to defeat Australia on their home turf.
AUS vs IRE Match Details
Fixture Name: Australia vs Ireland, 31st Match, Super 12 Group 1
Competition: T20 World Cup 2022
Venue: The Gabba, Brisbane
Date and Time: October 31, 01:30 PM IST
Telecast & Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
AUS vs IRE Pitch Report
The surface in Gabba is a batting pitch. Teams are most likely to opt to bat first at this venue after winning the toss.156 is the average score at this venue with the average first innings score is around 160. So, anything above the 170-175 run mark could prove to be a winning total at this venue.
Ireland- NR W L W W
Australia- NR W L NR L
AUS vs IRE Probable Playing XIs
Paul Stirling, Andy Balbirnie(c), Lorcan Tucker(wk), Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Gareth Delany, Mark Adair, Fionn Hand, Barry McCarthy, Josh Little
Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Matthew Wade (wk), Pat Cummins/ Kane Richardson, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood
AUS vs IRE Probable Top Performers
Probable Best Batter
The swashbuckling southpaw was the player of the tournament in the last T20 World Cup. He has an incredible record on home turf and is expected to be the anchor in this Australian line-up, otherwise filled with power hitters. If Australia is to get to a competitive total, he must bat through the innings, and for that reason, he could well be the top scorer for this match.
David Warner Stats in T20Is
|Matches||Runs||Average||Strike Rate||Recent Form|
|95||2831||33.91||142.38||11(10), 5(6), 4(11), 73(44), 75(41)|
Probable Best Bowler
The left-arm quick from Ireland has the ability to swing the ball and rally the batsmen with his short balls. He has been in decent touch in this tournament and could be Ireland’s go-to bowler for this match in Gabba.
JOSHUA LITTLE Stats in T20Is
|81||102||20.59||7.41||2/16, 0/45, 0/31, 1/30, 3/34|
AUS vs IRE Prediction- Who Will Win Today’s Match Between AUSTRALIA and IRELAND
- Matthew Wade and Adam Zampa, who were out with Covid-19 will most probably return and take the field against Ireland.
- The trio of Cummins, Starc, and Hazlewood are yet to click in this tournament, with Pat Cummins looking like a complete misfit for bowling the death overs. Kane Richardson may replace him in the eleven.
- Irish batting which is packed with power hitters is quite volatile. They can win you matches on their day, and on the other days, they could tumble like a pack of cards.
- Joshua Little has been in fine form and he will be key to Ireland’s chances in this match.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other in a T20I match, Australia defeated Ireland by 7 wickets.
AUS vs IRE in T20Is
|Matches Played||IRE Won||AUS Won|