AFG vs SL Today Match Prediction for T20 World Cup 2022 – Who Will Win Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka?
Updated on: Oct 31, 2022 11:15 pm IST
AFG vs SL Today Match Prediction: Two teams that are at the bottom of the points table in Group 1 will face off against each other in Match 32 of the Super 12s of the T20 World Cup. Afghanistan has played just 1 game so far, with the other two being washed out due to rain. Sri Lanka on the other hand has lost two games so far and has won one, that too against Ireland. So as it stands, the loser of this match will for sure, get eliminated from this T20 World Cup and the winner will have the slightest of the slightest chance to qualify. Let’s see how these two teams stack up for this challenge.
AFG vs SL Match Details
Fixture Name: Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka, 32nd Match, Super 12 Group 1
Competition: T20 World Cup 2022
Venue: The Gabba, Brisbane
Date and Time: November 1, 09:30 AM IST
Telecast & Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
AFG vs SL Pitch Report
The surface in Gabba is a balanced pitch. Teams are most likely to opt to bat first at this venue after winning the toss.153 is the average score at this venue with the average first innings score moving up to 159. So, anything above the 160-run mark could prove to be a winning total at this venue.
Afghanistan- L L L L W
Sri Lanka- L L W W W
AFG vs SL Probable Playing XIs
Gulbadin Naib, Rahmanullah Gurbaz(wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Usman Ghani, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi (c), Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Fareed Ahmad Malik
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Lahiru Kumara, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha
AFG vs SL Probable Top Performers
Probable Best Batter
Mendis has been a strong force for Sri Lanka at the top of the batting order. He is the leading run-scorer in this tournament and is at the best of his forms.
Kusal Mendis Stats in T20Is
|Matches||Runs||Average||Strike Rate||Recent Form|
|47||1026||22.57||130.97||4(3), 5(6), 68(43), 79(44), 18(13)|
Probable Best Bowler
Without a shadow of a doubt, Wanindu Hasaranga is the bowler to put your money on in this encounter. He is the leading wicket-taker so far in this tournament.
Wanindu Hasaranga Stats in T20 WC 2022
|6||10||15.67||6.51||1/22, 0/53, 2/25, 3/28, 3/8, 1/27|
AFG vs SL Prediction- Who Will Win Today’s Match Between AFGHANISTAN AND SRI LANKA
- On the batting front, Sri Lanka has a far more experienced and versatile batting order than Afghanistan.
- Sri Lankan openers have been in fine form lately, with Kusal Mendis being the leading run-scorer so far.
- Afghanistan’s batting is heavily dependent on Gurbaz, and Ibrahim Zadran alone. Everyone except their openers are quite conservative in their approach and that style is not suited for T20 cricket.
- Zazai is injured and may not take the field against Sri Lanka.
- In the spin bowling department, both teams have probably the best spin units in the competition.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other in a T20I match, Sri Lanka defeated Afghanistan by 4 wickets.
AFG vs SL in T20Is (Last 2 Years)
|Matches Played||AFG Won||SL Won|