IND vs PAK Today Match Prediction for T20 World Cup 2022 – Who Will Win India vs Pakistan?
Updated on: Oct 23, 2022 11:02 am IST
IND vs PAK Today Match Prediction: The greatest rivalry in cricket resume on Sunday, with the arch-rivals India and Pakistan facing off against each other in the iconic MCG. Both teams have been neck-to-neck in T20 cricket in the past couple of years. In fact, it was Pakistan that almost showed India the door in the last T20 World Cup and Asia Cup. But ever since that, India has regrouped and has brought a fresh aura of fearless attacking mindset to their batting unit. But on the bowling front, the absence of Bumrah has had a serious hit on India’s plans and it will be interesting to see how Rohit manages the absence of Bumrah.
Pakistan on the other hand has bought in fearsome young batters to their non-firing middle order to relieve some pressure from Babar and Rizwan. And the return of Shaheen Shah Afridi has bolstered their pace bowling unit, which already has the presence of Naseem Shah and Haris Rauf. Will these changes help them to get the better of India in this T20 World Cup? Or will India continue their dominance against Pakistan in the ICC events? Let’s find out.
IND vs PAK Match Details
Fixture Name: India vs Pakistan, 16th Match, Super 12 Group 1
Competition: T20 World Cup 2022
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Date and Time: October 23, 1:30 PM IST
Telecast & Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
IND vs PAK Pitch Report
The surface in MCG is a balanced pitch. The area has received quite large amounts of rainfall in the last couple of days and that may have an impact on the playing conditions. Considering the previous results, teams are most likely to bowl first at this venue after winning the toss.149 is the average score at this venue with the average first innings score being just 148. So, anything above the 160-run mark could prove to be a winning total at this venue.
India- L W W W W
Pakistan- W W L W W
IND vs PAK Probable Playing XIs
Rohit Sharma(c), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Dinesh Karthik(wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammad Shami, Arshdeep Singh
Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Rizwan(wk), Shan Masood, Haider Ali, Shadab Khan, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim Jr., Shaheen Shah Afridi, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf
IND vs PAK Probable Top Performers
Probable Best Batter
When it comes to the big stage, and when it comes to performing against Pakistan, there is no other player in world cricket than Virat Kohli, to put your money on. He loves playing against Pakistan and he loves to score on Australian pitches. What more assurance does anyone need to believe in King Kohli for this high-octane encounter?
VIRAT KOHLI T20I STATS vs PAKISTAN
|Matches||Runs||Average||Strike Rate||Recent Form|
|9||406||67.67||119.06||49(28), 3(9), 63(48), 11(6)|
Probable Best Bowler
Having played for Melbourne Stars in the Big Bash, Haris Rauf knows more about this ground than any other bowler playing tomorrow. He has been taking wickets for fun at MCG and has the ability to run through this Indian batting order with his brute pace.
HARIS RAUF T20 STATS in AUSTRALIA
|18||30||16.40||7.71||2/22, 3/28, 1/38, 0/24, 2/41|
IND vs PAK Prediction- Who Will Win Today’s Match Between INDIA and PAKISTAN
- On the batting front, both teams have an experienced and well-settled top order.
- India gets an advantage over Pakistan when it comes to middle order and finishing abilities. In Suryakumar Yadav, Dinesh Karthik, and Hardik Pandya, India have a more versatile middle order than Pakistan.
- On the fast bowling department, India’s pacers are no match to the young and fiery Pakistani pacers. In Shaheen, Naseem, and Rauf, Pakistan has 3 pure pacers who could rattle Indian batters in all phases of the innings.
- India will have evident memories of the onslaught that the leftie Mohammad Nawaz did with the bat in the Asia Cup. For that reason, to tackle him India may bring in Ashwin ahead of Chahal for this encounter.
- India’s spin duo of Ashwin and Axar are more dynamic than Pakistani spinners. But the fact that India’s top four batters struggles against left-arm spin makes Mohammad Nawaz such a key player in this battle.
- The last time these two sides faced off against each other in a T20I match, Pakistan defeated India by 5 wickets.
IND vs PAK in T20Is (In the last 2 years)
|Matches Played||IND Won||PAK Won|
Today’s Match Prediction: INDIA to win the match