WI vs PAK Dream11 team, 1st Test West Indies vs Pakistan test match prediction, who will win
Updated on: Aug 12, 2021 10:25 am IST
WI vs PAK dream11 today match prediction: West Indies would be disappointed after having not able to win even a single game in the T20I series where 3 games were washed out due to rain and the only game that happened was won by Pakistan. They were in red hot form in the home season smashing Australia 4-1 and coming close against South Africa.
Both the teams had a poor first edition of WTC and they would be hoping to start the new cycle in a positive manner without any baggage. Pakistan are a top side on paper but it is always their execution that goes wayward. They have a solid core and they won the series in West Indies last time around which should give them a lot of confidence.
WI vs PAK 1st Test dream11 prediction
- Babar Azam averaged just 27 for 136 runs in 6 innings against WI last time around and would be hoping to redeem himself big time in this series.
- Kemar Roach has just played 2 games against Pakistan in his 12 year old career. He has 4 wickets against them. He is leading the West Indian attack this time around.
- Mohammad Rizwan is one of the best wicket-keeper batsmen going around in the world. He had a dream 2020-21 where he averaged 43 against New Zealand and 83 against South Africa at home.
- The skipper of WI Kraigg Brathwaite averages 37 against Pakistan including a century and 2 50s.
WI vs PAK Today Match Prediction
Pakistan would fancy grabbing some easy points against West Indies in this series. The 2 match test series would be an easy tour to start with for Pakistan as they have all favorable schedule in this WTC cycle. They will be eyeing a final berth in this cycle and would like to start the cycle with a win.
West Indies have a pretty strong and experienced core but they need some consistency from their experienced batter in Kraigg Brathwaite.
WI vs PAK Winning Chances
Pakistan will go into the test as favorites as the odds are favoring them according to the betting sites. West Indies would need to play out of their skins to pocket some points to start their WTC cycle.
Bet365- WI- 4.00, Draw- 3.25, PAK- 2.00
Betway- WI- 3.60, Draw- 3.00, PAK- 2.10
Playing 11 For Today’s Match
WI Playing 11
Kraigg Brathwaite, Kieran Powell, Shai Hope, Kyle Mayers, Jermaine Blackwood, Roston Chase, Jason Holder, Rahkeem Cornwall, Kemar Roach, Alzarii Joseph, Chemar Holder
- Roston Chase loves playing against Pakistan as he averages 53 against them. He has scored 538 runs in 12 innings including 3 50s and 2 100s.
- Jason Holder maintains a healthy average of 43 against Pakistan including 2 50s. He has 305 runs in 11 innings.
PAK Playing 11
Imran Butt, Abid Ali, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Rizwan, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Yasir Shah, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Abbas
- Faheem Ashraf averaged 46 against South Africa and New Zealand in the last 2 series for Pakistan. He batted just 2 balls against Zimbabwe. He has been a much improved batsman in the recent past.
- Mohammad Abbas averaged just 19 runs for 15 wickets in the 3 match test series against West Indies when Pakistan toured West Indies last time around.