FC BARCELONA VS CHELSEA FC
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, EUROPE
BAR VS CHE MATCH PREVIEW:
In the upcoming game of UEFA Champions League, Chelsea FC is hosting FC Barcelona in their home ground, Stamford Bridge Stadium at 1:15 AM (IST). This game is going to be a thrilling contest because the away team has been the best team in Spain so far and they have been unstoppable but when it comes to Chelsea FC, the spearhead of Barcelona attack, Lionel Messi failed to score against them in last eight head to head encounters so, it is going to be a tough match.
When: February 21, 1:15 AM IST
Where: Stamford Bridge, London, England
Head to head encounters (Last 6 matches):
Chelsea FC – 2
Barcelona – 0
Not Decided – 4
BAR VS CHE TEAM NEWS:
BAR TEAM NEWS:
- Philippe Coutinho is ineligible for Barcelona after featuring in the group stage for Liverpool.
- Ousmane Dembélé is fit enough to travel to London and will compete with Paulinho for a start on the right flank.
- Thomas Vermaelen will travel with the squad despite his injury concerns, but Nélson Semedo is suspended for the away side.
Stegen (GK), Roberto, Pique, Umtiti, Alba, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic, Dembele, Suarez, Messi
CHE TEAM NEWS:
- Chelsea manager Antonio Conte will have to decide whether to recall Alvaro Morata to the starting XI following his return to fitness or stick with an in-form Olivier Giroud.
- Conte has revealed Marcos Alonso will be fine to face Barcelona after a three-game absence, but Tiemoué Bakayoko is unlikely to recover in time.
- Gary Cahill and Antonio Rudiger are in competition for a starting berth in Chelsea’s back three on Tuesday.
- David Luiz and Ross Barkley are also doubts for the home side but neither would have started if fit.
Courtois (GK), Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill, Alonso, Fabregas, Kante, Drinkwater, Moses, Hazard, Morata
BAR – Lionel Messi, Suarez, Iniesta
CHE – Eden Hazard, Cesc Fabregas, Morata
INDIA FANTASY PREDICTION:
After a run of three defeats in four matches, Chelsea has won their last two matches by an aggregate scoreline of 7-0. The Blues have only lost two of 16 home matches against Spanish sides.
Barcelona is favourites for this season’s Champions League and has only lost one game all season. Ernesto Valverde’s side have kept clean sheets in four of their last five matches and are yet to concede away from home in the Champions League this season.
Lionel Messi has never scored against Chelsea (eight matches), which is his worst record against an opponent. He has only won once against the Premier League giants and that record will have to improve if Barcelona are to progress.
NOTE: THIS BAR VS CHE MATCH PREVIEW IS BASED ON OUR RESEARCH AND UNDERSTANDING FROM VARIOUS NEWS SOURCES. YOU CAN SELECT YOUR OWN PLAYING 11 ON THE BASIS OF TEAM NEWS.
BAR VS CHE FANTASY TEAM: