ARS vs NEW Dream11 Prediction | Premier League – Newcastle United vs Arsenal, Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Aug 11, 2019 5:52 pm IST
ARS vs NEW Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
It’s going to be a game of debuts on the Tyneside as Newcastle United host Arsenal in the Premier League at St James’ Park.
The Toons are under the new management following Rafael Benitez’s decision to quit the club after the end of last season. The former Liverpool manager cited the club’s reluctance to spend on new arrivals as the reason for his sudden u-turn, but new boss Steve Bruce seemed to have got the support from the underfire owner of Newcastle Mike Ashley.
The Magpies broke their club transfer record after shelling out in the region of £40m for Hoffenheim striker Joelinton. But Bruce knows that with the new signings will come pressure to get the best out of the squad. Any flirtation with the relegation could very well end his tenure at the club he has been a supporter since childhood.
Arsenal hope that a successful transfer window will be the start of a new dawn at the Emirates Stadium. Unai Emery managed to discuss the defensive issue as well after the signing of Keiran Tierney from Celtic.
But the Gunners’ offensive department looks as good as any team in the world and every team facing them will have to be on their toes for the full 90 minutes.
The Premier League match will be played between Newcastle United and Arsenal at St James’ Park, in Newcastle, England. The ground has a capacity of 52,405.
The game will start at 06:30 PM (IST), on Sunday, August 11.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Newcastle United – W L W L W W
Arsenal – W W L L W L
Newcastle United Team News:
- The hosts will be without four first-team players as DeAndre Yedlin, Florian Lejeune, Dwight Gayle, and Christian Atsu all miss out through injury.
- In addition, Steve Bruce will access both Matt Richie and Jack Colback, as the duo is lacking match fitness.
Newcastle United Probable XI:
Martin Dubravka (GK), Jetro Willems, Jammal Lascelles, Fabian Schar, Javier Manquillo, Shelvey, Sean Longstaff, Miguel Almiron, Matt Richie, Allan Saint-Maximin, Joelinton
Arsenal FC Team News:
- Unai Emery remains without a host of first-team stars for the trip to Tyneside.
- Hector Bellerin missed the whole of last season with a knee injury and the former Barcelona protege is still a few weeks away from returning to the full training.
- While the likes of Rob Holding, Kieran Tierney, Konstantinos Mavropanos and Emile Smith Rowe have been ruled out as well.
- Super striker Alexandre Lacazette is expected to shake off the knock to feature here.
Arsenal Probable XI:
Bernd Leno (GK), Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, David Luiz, Nacho Monreal, Dani Ceballos, Granit Xhaka, Matteo Guendouzi, Nicolas Pepe, Pierre-Emerick Aubamayang, Alexandre Lacazette
Likely to score:
- For Newcastle United: Joelinton, Allan Saint-Maximin
- For Arsenal: Alexandre Lacazette, Nicolas Pepe, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
Joleinton: Newcatsel’s record signing had a very good season with Hoffenheim, and no doubt, the expectations are high from him to deliver at St James’ Park.
- Games: 28
- Minutes: 2136
- Goals: 08
- Assists: 06
Alexandre Lacazette: The former Lyon star is Arsenal’s trump card when it comes to the big games. Now into his 2nd full season, the 28-year-old will be looking for more impact as Arsenal try to break into the top-four.
- Games: 35
- Minutes: 2507
- Goals: 13
- Assists: 08
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: One of the fastest players in the world, Aubameynag is equally good with his feet as well. The former Borussia Dortmund player will be itching to be in the race for the Premier Golden Boot award.
- Games: 36
- Minutes: 2733
- Goals: 22
- Assists: 05
ARS vs NEW Dream11 potential winner:
Arsenal should at least get a draw here.