FRA vs ALB Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Three teams are level on 9 points in Group H, with a better goal difference separating France from 2nd placed Turkey and Iceland in 3rd place.
It’s an important game for the reigning world champions as even a draw, which is highly unlikely though, could level them at 3rd if Turkey and Iceland both win their respective games.
For Albania, qualification to the Euro 2020 was always a far-fetched goal, as the likes of France, Turkey and Iceland have too much talent for the rest of the teams in Group H.
That said, anything can happen on the football field, a bad tackle in a dangerous position and a momentary loss of focus can hurt any team.
The European Qualifiers match will be played between France and Albania at Stade de France, in Paris, France. The ground has a capacity of 81,338.
The game will start at 12:15 AM (IST), on Sunday, September 08.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
France – L W W W L W
Albania – L W L W L W
France Team News:
- Kylian Mbappe picked up a hamstring injury during PSG’s game against Toulouse a fortnight ago and is expected to miss the next 2-3 weeks of action.
- The 20-year-old is joined by his French teammates Ousmane Dembélé, N’Golo Kanté, and Tanguy Ndombele on the sideline.
- Didier Deschamps shocked everybody when he left Samuel Umtiti out from his squad. But the Barcelona center-back eventually made the cut as a replacement for Aymeric Laporte, who picked up an injury during Manchester City’s 4-0 win over Brighton & Hove Albion.
- While Marseille duo Steve Mandanda and Florian Thauvin, are also left out.
- And the continuous absence of Alexandre Lacazette is a puzzle for every football fan.
- Paul Pogba pulled out of the squad due to an injury with Matteo Guendouzi coming in as his replacement.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Lille’s Mike Maignan earned his first international call, but expect Hugo Lloris to start in goal.
- Lille’s young forward Jonathan Ikoné is also a first-timer, but Antoine Griezmann and Olivier Giroud are definitely going to start the match. Though, Deschamps may give the young forward some minutes from the bench.
- Goalkeeper: Areola, Lloris, Maignan
- Defenders: Digne, Umtiti, Dubois, Hernandez, Lenglet, Pavard, Varane, Zouma
- Midfielders: Matuidi, N’Zonzi, Guendouzi, Sissoko, Tolisso
- Attackers: Ben Yedder, Giroud, Lemar, Coman, Fekir, Ikone, Griezmann
France Probable XI:
Lloris (GK), Pavard, Varane, Umtiti, Hernandez, Matuidi, Sissoko, Guendouzi, Griezmann, Coman, Giroud
Albania FC Team News:
- No missing player for Albania.
Albania squad for the next two Euro 2020 qualifying matches against France and Iceland:
- Goalkeeper: Etrit Berisha, Thomas Strakosha, Alban Hoxha
- Defenders: Mërgim Mavraj, Elseid Hysaj, Ermir Lenjani, Berat Gjimshiti, Freddie Veseli, Ardian Ismajli, Egzon Binaku, Kastriot Dermaku, Iván Balliu, Enea Mihaj, Marash Kumbulla
- Midfielders: Odise Roshi, Ledian Memushaj, Amir Abrashi, Taulant Xhaka, Ergys Kaçe, Ylber Ramadani, Kristi Qose, Keidi Bare, Klaus Gjasula, Lorenc Trashi, Lindon Selahi
- Forwards: Armando Sadiku, Bekim Balaj, Sokol Cikalleshi, Rey Manaj, Myrto Uzuni, Giacomo Vrioni, Taulant Seferi
Albania Probable XI:
Berisha (GK), Mavraj, Ismajli, Veseli, Hysaj, Abrashi, Taulant Xhaka, Memushaj, Lenjani, Balaj, Uzuni
Likely to score:
- For France: Antoine Griezmann, Olivier Giroud
- For Albania: Myrto Uzuni, Bekim Balaj
FRA vs ALB Dream11 potential winner:
France are the clear favorite to win this game.