ENG vs BLG Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
England host Bulgaria in their 3rd Euro 2020 Qualifier match at Wembley on Saturday.
The Three Lions are sitting at the top of the group following two wins from as many games. Also, they have played the fewest games in Group A, due to their participation in the UEFA Nations League.
Regardless, Gareth Southgate’s men should not have any problem in seeing out the group and remain odds-on favorite to qualify to Euro 2020 as the group winner.
Bulgaria meanwhile are still searching for their first win in Group A, after managing just two points from four games.
A trip to Wembley Stadium against England is not the likely scenario to change that record.
The European Qualifiers match will be played between England and Bulgaria at Wembley Stadium, in London, England. The ground has a capacity of 90,000.
The game will start at 09:30 PM (IST), on Saturday, September 07.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
England – W W W W L W
Bulgaria – D D D D L L
England Team News:
- From the 25-man squad named by Gareth Southgate for England’s upcoming two Euro 2020 qualifier matches against Bulgaria and Kosovo respectively, only Aaron Wan-Bissaka is unavailable.
- The Manchester United right-back pulled out of the squad due to a back problem. Southgate revealed later that no replacement will be named, and that he is happy with the options available.
- The surprise exclusion from the list was of Kyle Walker’s name. The fact that Manchester City right-back hasn’t been called-up suggests the depth England have at this particular spot.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- With Walker out, and Wan-Bissaka pulling out, either Trent Alexandre-Arnold or Kieran Tripper will start for England at right-back.
- James Maddison, Tyrone Mings, and Mason Mount all earned their first England senior call-up, and will be hoping to make their debut at Wembley Stadium.
- However, Southgate is expected to stick with his tried and tested formula here and don’t expect him to flirt with his proven combination.
- It means, the likes of Jordan Henderson, and Declan Rice will start in the heart of the midfield, while Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling and Marcus Rashard will take over the forward positions.
Here is the full England squad:
- Goalkeeper: Tom Heaton, Jordan Pickford, Burnley
- Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Tyrone Mings, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier
- Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Mason Mount, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Declan Rice, Harry Winks
- Attackers: Harry Kane, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling
England Probable XI:
Pickford (GK), Trippier / Alexander-Arnold, Keane / Gomez, Maguire Rose, Henderson, Rice, Barkley, Rashford, Kane, Sterling
Bulgaria FC Team News:
- Midfielder Georgi Kostadinov has been left out due to a knee injury.
- No other injury concerns for the visitors.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Head-coach Krasimir Balakov surprised everybody with his team selection for the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifier against England and the friendly game against Ireland.
- He dropped both Todor Nedelev and Bozhidar Chorbadzhiyski from his final squad. The duo were regular in Bulgaria’s UEFA Nations League campaign.
- In another surprising move, Nikolay Bodurov was called-up despite not playing regularly for CSKA-Sofia this season.
- Furthermore, striker Ismail Isa has been left out from Bulgaria’s 25-man squad.
Plamen Iliev, Martin Lukov, Hristo Ivanov, Georgi Terziev, Kristian Dimitrov, Anton Nedyalkov, Nikolay Bodurov, Ivan Goranov, Daniel Mladenov, Vasil Panayotov, Kristiyan Malinov, Wanderson, Galin Ivanov, Marcelinho, Strahil Popov, Georgi Pashov, Vasil Bozhikov, Georgi Sarmov, Ivelin Popov, Georgi Kostadinov, Georgi Milanov, Nikolay Dimitrov, Bozhidar Kraev, Kiril Despodov, Simeon Slavchev
Bulgaria Probable XI:
Plamen LLiev (GK), Nedyalkov, Bozhikov, Bodurov, Strahil Popov, Nikolay Dimitrov, Georgi Milanov, Simeon Slavcjhev, Despodov, Bozhihar Kraev, Ivelin Popov
Likely to score:
- For England: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling
- For Bulgaria: Ivelin Popov, Kristian Dimitrov, Kiril Despodov
To be updated!
ENG vs BLG Dream11 potential winner:
England are the clear-cut favorite to win the game.