JUV vs NAP Dream11 Prediction | Serie A | Juventus vs Napoli, Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Aug 31, 2019 6:51 pm IST
JUV vs NAP Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
In a blockbuster clash in Serie A this weekend, Juventus play host to Napoli, with each team adamant to show their title credentials early in the season.
Juve are under the new manager Maurizio Sarri, who missed the last week’s clash against Parma with pneumonia. So in a sense, Sarri is yet to make his competitive debut on the touchline for Juventus.
But the football media personalities and pundits were not at all happy from Juve’s first-day show, with some of them saying that the performance mirrored Sarri’s philosophy – too much passing, with no incision.
Carlo Ancelotti will hope to run Juven closer for the 2nd straight season, albeit for a longer time, or possibly ending the Old Lady’s dominance of Serie A.
The Serie A match will be played between Juventus and Napoli at Juventus Stadium, in Turin, Italy. The ground has a capacity of 41,507.
The game will start at 12:15 AM (IST), on Sunday, September 01.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Juventus – L L W L W W
Napoli – D W W L L W
Juventus Team News:
- Aaron Ramsey is still waiting for his competitive debut for Juventus, and it seems that the former Arsenal star may have to wait as he is still not at 100% match fitness.
- Marko Pjaca is back with Juventus after spending the last season with Fiorentina. However, the 24-year-old is not available for selection as he is ruled out with an injury.
- The above-mentioned duo is the only player on Juve’s injury list ahead of this game.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Juventus have a huge squad, especially the midfield which is bloated with some world-class talents.
- But a manager can only name a limited number of players in the central of the ground, which means, not many happy faces in the squad.
- Emre Can may have to contend with a place on the bench once again, with both Adrien Rabiot and Sami Khedira ahead of him in the pecking order. Though, only one of them can start the game alongside Miralem Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi.
- Paulo Dybala is expected to start the big game against Napoli with Gonzalo Higuain being the likeliest player to make way for the Argentine.
Juventus Probable XI:
Szczesny (GK), De Sciglio, Bonucci, Chiellini, Sandro, Rabiot, Pjanic, Matuidi, Costa, Ronaldo, Dybala
Napoli FC Team News:
- No missing players for the visiting team.
- However, the reports suggest that Valencia have opened talks with Elseid Hysaj for the transfer. So we expect the 25-year-old right-back to miss this game.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Giovanni Di Lorenzo and Mario Rui will start at right-back and left-back respectively.
Napoli Probable XI:
Meret (GK), Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Koulibaly, Rui, Callejon, Zielinksi, Allan, Insigne, Ruiz, Mertens
Potential Game Changers:
Likely to score:
- For Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala
- For Napoli: Dries Mertens, Lorenzo Insigne
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
Cristiano Ronaldo: At the top of his game and ruling the world of football for the last 15 years or so. The 5-time Ballon d’Or winner is an age-defying athlete who can win the game on his own, week in and week out.
- Games: 42
- Goals: 30
- Assists: 10
Paulo Dybala: Higuain’s return from Chelsea, Mandzukic’s decision to stay and Federico Bernardeschi’s rise, means Dybala has no room for inconsistency this season. But what is beyond doubt is Dybala’s talent. He is somebody who can come up with a moment of magic.
- Games: 39
- Goals: 11
- Assists: 05
Dries Mertens: Scored a screamer in the last game. More than capable of emulating that display here against the defending champions.
- Games: 46
- Goals: 19
- Assists: 13
Lorenzo Insigne: Napoli’s captain fantastic. Arguably their most talented player.
- Games: 39
- Goals: 14
- Assists: 06
Please check the India Fantasy Premium version.
JUV vs NAP Dream11 potential winner:
Napoli should at least get a draw here.