MCI vs BHA Dream11 Prediction | Premier League | Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion, Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Aug 31, 2019 6:43 pm IST
MCI vs BHA Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Manchester City returned to the winning ways with a 1-3 away win at Bournemouth last weekend. With the defending champions playing 1st this week, Pep Guardiola will be looking to put pressure on Liverpool with the three points against Brighton & Hove Albion at Etihad Stadium.
The visitors though have made a decent start to the new season, picking up four points from the first three games. But the last week’s 0-2 loss at home to Southampton must have given manager Graham Potter a food for his thought. For, losing a home game against your direct rivals is never a good omen.
The Premier League match will be played between Manchester City and Brighton & Hove Albion at the City of Manchester Stadium, in Manchester, England. The ground has a capacity of 55,097.
The game will start at 07:30 PM (IST), on Saturday, August 31.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Manchester City – W W W W D W
Brighton & Hove Albion – W W W D L W
Manchester City Team News:
- Gabriel Jesus made a promising start to the new season with couple of goals but is now set to face a spell on the sideline after suffering a hamstring injury in the training ground prior to the last weekend’s game against Bournemouth.
- John Stones has missed City’s last two games due to a muscle injury. The former Everton defender is nearing a return but this game may have come too soon for him.
- Pep provided an update on Benjamin Mendy as well. The Spanish manager said that he expected Mendy to return to action only after the international break.
- While Leroy Sane remains a long-term injury absentee for the defending champions. The German international is expected to be out till late February next year.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- With Stones struggling with fitness, and Vincent Kompany departing in the summer, City are left with only two senior central defenders in Nicolas Otamendi and Aymeric Laporte. We expect the duo to start here as well.
- Jesus’ injury means Sergio Aguero will start unopposed in attack for the hosts.
- Riyad Mahrez pushes for a start, but if he does, Bernardo Silva may move into a more central position in the midfield.
- Ilkay Gundogan and Rodri battles for a place in the center of the midfield.
Manchester City Probable XI:
Ederson (GK), Zinchenko, Otamendi, Laporte, Walker, David Silva, Gundogan / Rodri, Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Aguero
Brighton & Hove Albion FC Team News:
- Brighton will be without long-term absentees Ezequiel Schelotto (knee), Jose Izquierdo (knee) and Yves Bissouma (shoulder).
- While Florin Andone’s red card in the last league game means he is set to serve a suspension here.
- No other injury concerns for the visiting team.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Glenn Murray is set to start the game in Florian Andone’s place.
- Following the loss in the last game, Graham Potter could go with Pascal Groß, instead of Neal Maupay.
Brighton & Hove Albion Probable XI:
Ryan (GK), Duffy, Dunk, Burn, Montoya, Stephens, Propper, March, Gross, Trossard, Murray
Likely to score:
- For Manchester City: Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling
- For Brighton & Hove Albion: Glenn Murray, Leandro Trossard
Captain and Vice-Captain options:
Sergio Aguero: Manchester City’s record goalscorer is already up and running for the season. He has scored in the first three games and will be looking to keep the run going when Brighton & Hove Albion pay them a visit.
- Games: 03
- Goals: 04
Raheem Sterling: Perhaps the most improved player in the Premier League, if not in the world, ever since Pep Guardiola took over the Etihad Stadium. The former Liverpool winger has been the most improved players in this team, or perhaps in the whole world.
His goals scoring return is improving, his assists charts growing and the impact is palpable. Too hot to handle at this moment.
- Games: 34
- Goals: 17
- Assists: 10
- Games: 03
- Goals: 05
Bernardo Silva: With the control on the ball like the F1 driver behind the wheel, and the feather-like touches, like a mouse scurrying over the pebbles, this Portuguese star is a magician who can do unbelievable things on the football ground.
Leandro Trossard: Brighton’s summer signing could be one of the most shrewd signings made by any club this season. The 24-year-old is not only can play anywhere in the midfield but has the passing range to impact the game in any situation. City have to keep an eye on him.
MCI vs BHA Dream11 potential winner:
Manchester City are the favorites to win the game.