NGA-W vs GER-W Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
The knock out rounds starts in the FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 with two-time champions Germany locking horns with Nigeria at Stade des Alpes.
How they qualified for the Last-16:
- Nigeria managed to crawl into the last-16 by virtue of being one of the four best third-placed teams in the tournament.
- One win from three games and a goal difference of -2, was enough to propel them into the next round.
- There was no surprise as far as Germany were concerned, for they finished top of their group, winning all the three games without conceding a goal.
The FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 match will be played between Nigeria and Germany at Stade des Alpes, in Grenoble, France. The ground has a capacity of 20,068.
The game will start at 09:00 PM (IST), on Saturday, June 22.
Sony Sports Network has the exclusive rights to broadcast FIFA Women's World Cup 2019 matches in India. Premier members can also enjoy the live action on the official SonyLiv App.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Nigeria – L W L L W L
Germany – L W W L L L
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Nigeria Team News:
- Left-back Ngozi Ebere was sent off in their last group game after receiving two yellow cards against hosts France. She will be serving a one-game ban here.
- Nigeria issued a statement regarding Centre-back Faith Michael that she won’t be featuring in the world cup after who picking up an injury in Game-1 against Norway.
Here is Nigeria’s squad for the FIFA Women's World Cup 2019:
- Goalkeepers: Tochukwu Oluehi, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Alaba Jonathan
- Defenders: Osinachi Ohale, Ngozi Ebere, Onome Ebi, Faith Michael, Chidinma Ihezuo
- Midfielders: Amarachi Okoronkwo, Evelyn Nwabuoku, Rita Chikwelu, Chinaza Uchendu, Ngozi Okobi, Rasheedat Ajibade, Halimatu Ayinde, Ogonna Chukwudi
- Forwards: Anam Imo, Asisat Oshoala, Desire Oparanozie, Uchenna Kanu, Francisca Ordega, Chinwendu Ihezuo, Alice Ogebe
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Josephine Chukwunonye is not in the squad, so Thomas Dennerby may change his tactics here.
- That said, Osinachi Ohale may be shoehorned at left-back, with Evelyn Nwabuoku moving in at the back with Onome Ebi partnering her.
Nigeria Probable XI: Chiamaka Nnadozie (GK), Chidinma Nkeruka Okeke, Osinachi Ohale, Onome Ebi, Ngozi Ebere, Chinaza Uchendu, Rita Chikwelu, Ngozi Okobi, Francisca Ordega, Desire Oparanozie, Asisat Oshoala
Germany Team News:
- Dzsenifer Marozsán suffered a toe injury during one of the team’s practice sessions and will miss at least two games, which includes the Nigeria game as well.
Here is the full Germany squad for the world cup:
- Goalkeepers: Laura Benkarth, Merle Frohms, Almuth Schult
- Defenders: Sara Doorsoun, Johanna Elsig, Lena Goessling, Giulia Gwinn, Marina Hegering, Kathrin Hendrich, Leonie Maier, Carolin Simon, Verena Schweers
- Midfielders: Sara Daebritz, Linda Dallmann, Svenja Huth, Turid Knaak, Melanie Leupolz, Dzsenifer Marozsan, Lena Oberdorf, Lina Magull
- Forwards: Klara Buehl, Alexandra Popp, Lea Schueller
Germany Probable XI: Almuth Schult (GK), Kathrin Hendrich, Marina Hegering, Sara Doorsoun, Lena Oberdorf, Giulia Gwinn, Svenja Huth, Sara Däbritz, Dzenifer, Marozsan, Melanie Leupholz, Alexandra Popp