PRM vs BIR Dream11 Team Prediction | EFL Cup – Portsmouth vs Birmingham City, Fantasy Team News, Playing 11
Updated on: Aug 6, 2019 5:15 pm IST
PRM vs BIR Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
The 2019 Carabao Cup is set to start with the game against Portsmouth FC and Birmingham City FC.
Portsmouth FC didn’t have the best of the start to the new season, as they went down 1-0 to Shrewsbury in their opening game.
While Birmingham City have made a winning start to the new season, winning 1-0 at Brentford in their opening game of the 2019 Championship season.
🥁 Kenny's looking for his side to find a rhythm in the @Carabao_Cup tomorrow night
— Portsmouth FC (@Pompey) August 5, 2019
The EFL Cup match will be played between PORTSMOUTH and Birmingham City at Fratton Park, in Portsmouth, United Kingdom. The ground has a capacity of 21,100.
The game will start at 12:15 AM (IST), on Wednesday, August 07.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
PORTSMOUTH – W W L W W L
Birmingham City – L L W W L W
PORTSMOUTH Team News:
- Midfielder Ross McCrorie is unavailable for selection due to his red card in the opening day defeat against Shrewsbury in the Championship. The 21-year-old midfielder is set to serve a one-game ban here.
- Head coach Kenny Jackett has no other injury concerns ahead of this game.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Midfielder Ben Close was a regular starter for Portsmouth last season, but he failed to make the cut for Jackett’s playing 11 in the last match. But with McCrorie out due to suspension, the 22-year-old should come straight into the playing 11 here.
- You can expect changes from both sets of teams, considering this is a League Cup and the managers are always looking at this competition, especially the early stages, as a perfect platform to test the bench strength.
- That said, both Brett Pitman and James Bolton are expected to be in the playing 11 for Portsmouth.
PORTSMOUTH Probable XI:
MacGillivray (GK), Bolton, Downing, Burgess, Brown, Naylor, Curtis, Pitman, Cannon, Marquis, Harness
Birmingham City FC Team News:
- Maikel Kieftenbeld is the only injury casualty for the visitors ahead of this game.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
Another little update via @diarioas. Deal AGREED between Birmingham City and Villalba. Player will have his medical TODAY before signing his contract. Almería made a late offer but he is excited about the challenge of working under Pep Clotet. #BCFC https://t.co/QgjXNLmWCQ
— Andrew Gaffney (@GaffneyVLC) August 6, 2019
- Rotation is expected here from Pep Clotet as not only his team is coming off from a very difficult win away from home, but the league is certainly the priority for the club.
- Defensive midfielder Ivan Sunjic entered the pitch against Brentford only in the 72nd minute and should be named in the starting 11 here.
Birmingham City Probable XI:
Camp (GK), Colin, Dean, Robertson, Harding, Clarke-Salter, Sunjic, Craig Gardner, Davis, Mrabti, Jutkiewicz
Likely to score:
- For PORTSMOUTH: Cannon, Marquis, Harness
- For Birmingham City: Davis, Mrabti, Jutkiewicz
PRM vs BIR Dream11 potential winner:
Birmingham City should at least get a draw here.