AJA vs PAO Dream11 | Champions League Qualifiers – PAOK FC vs Ajax FC, Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Aug 6, 2019 5:16 pm IST
AJA vs PAO Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
As the champions of Greece and the Netherlands prepare for a clash in the 3rd round of UEFA Champions League, with the fixture having all the power to define the mood of either team depending on how they fare across two legs, the well talked about UEFA’s co-efficient ranking system takes the center-stage once again.
For some factions, the very essence of UEFA Champions League is misguiding, for the way it functions, forcing the Champions of leagues to start the competition from the qualifying rounds.
Take for example the clash between PAOK FC and Ajax, one team will definitely not be in the main rounds of Champions League due to the UEFA’s current ranking system, which seems to give the leverage to the top-four European Leagues to send in four teams each to Europe’s premier football competition.
✨ #UCL play-off draw! ✨
Will your team reach the group stage? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/FgIUOwnLOx
— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) August 5, 2019
The Champions League Qualifiers match will be played between PAOK FC and Ajax FC at Stadio Toumbas, in Thessaloniki, Greece. The ground has a capacity of 28,703.
The game will start at 10:30 PM (IST), on Tuesday, August 06.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
PAOK FC – W D W W W W
Ajax FC – W W L W D D
PAOK FC Team News:
- Talented midfielder Maurício Jose da Silveira Junior, versatile winger Vierinha and seasoned campaigner Pontus Wernbloom will all be missing the game for the hosts due to their respective injuries.
- No other injury concerns for the hosts and head coach Abel Ferreira.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Lazaros Lamprou is back with his parent club after showing his real potential on-loan with Fortuna Sittard last season. He should be in the playing 11, as is the case with Dutchman Diego Biseswar.
PAOK FC Probable XI:
Paschalakis (GK), Akpom, Biseswar, Giannoulis, Pelkas, Shakov, Varela, Canas, Crespo, Lamprou, Jaba
Ajax FC FC Team News:
- Ajax’s head coach Ten Hag has no fresh injury concerns other than 20-year-old youngster Hassane Bandé, who has been ruled pout from the match due to an injury.
- Lasse Schone is no longer with the club as the 33-year-old has left for Italian outfit Genoa.
Ajax squad for the 1st leg of the Champions League 3rd Round match:
Bruno Varela, Andre Onana, Dominik Kotarski, Perr Schuurs, Joël Veltman, Edson Álvarez, Kik Pierie, Noussair Mazraoui, Lisandro Magallán, Daley Blind, Lisandro Martínez, Hakim Ziyech, Dani de Wit, Nico Tagliafico, Donny van de Beek, Razvan Marin, David Neres, Quincy Promes, Kasper Dolberg, Jurgen Ekkelenkamp, Sergiño Dest, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Dusan Tadic
Possible ins or outs of this game:
— AFC Ajax (@AFCAjax) August 5, 2019
- Following the departure of Matthijs de Ligt to Juventus, Dusan Tadic has been named as the captain of the side. He will be leading the team against PAOK.
- Despite the uncertainty surrounding Donny van de Beek‘s future, the young Dutchman has traveled with the squad to Greece and should be named in the playing 11.
- While new signing Edson Alvarez is in the squad as well and is in contention to make his competitive debut for his new club.
Ajax FC Probable XI:
Onana (GK), Veltman, Tagliafico, Schuurs, Martinez, Marin, Blind, Tadic, Van de Beek, Neres, Ziyech
Likely to score:
- For PAOK FC: Crespo, Jaba, Lamprou
- For Ajax FC: Dusan Tadic, Hakim Ziyech
AJA vs PAO Dream11 potential winner:
Ajax FC should at least get a draw here.