PSG vs NIM Dream11 Prediction | Ligue 1 – Paris Saint-Germain vs Nimes, Fantasy Team News
Updated on: Aug 11, 2019 11:56 pm IST
PSG vs NIM Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Paris Saint-Germain kick start the defense of their Ligue 1 crown when they host Nimes in the league opener at Parc des Princes.
In truth, the Parisians are once again the clear favorites for the 2019-20 title, and it’s hard to see other than Thomas Tuchel’s team lifting the coveted title at the end of the season.
But like always, the owners and the fans will measure the success of the season by how far the team goes in the Champions League.
Nimes, on the other hand, know it will take even more from them to emulate the consistency of the 2018-19 campaign. For any team, irrespective of the league, finishing in top-10 in the very first season after the promotion is an outstanding achievement.
The fact that Nimes managed to achieve that last season puts even more pressure on manager Bernard Blaquart to make the team better.
The Ligue 1 match will be played between Paris Saint-Germain and Nimes at Parc des Princes, in Paris, France. The ground has a capacity of 47,929
The game will start at 12:30 AM (IST), on Monday, August 12.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Paris Saint-Germain – L W D L W W
Nimes – D L D W D L
Paris Saint-Germain Team News:
- Ander Herrera suffered a calf strain during PSG’s come-from-behind win over Rennes in the French Super Cup. The former Manchester United midfielder has been ruled out for up to a month as a result.
- While Centre-back Presenel Kimpembe remains on the sidelines due to a thigh injury.
- It’s not clear whether Thomas Tuchel will involve new signing Idrissa Gueye in the match. The 29-year-old, who arrived from Everton in the summer, played in the Africa Cup of Nations with Senegal and is on an extended break.
- Then there is Neymar, who may have returned to the full training, but due to the huge clouds over his immediate future, it is expected that Thomas Tuchel may not involve the former Barcelona player in the thick of things against Nimes.
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Thiago Silva and Marquinhos are expected to partner at the back, in what could be a three-man backline. If that’s the case, Abdou Diallo could be the third center-back.
- Juan Bernat and Thomas Meunier should be the wing-backs playing slightly in the forward positions, with Julian Draxler and Marco Verratti starting in the midfield.
- Angel di Maria, Edinson Cavani, and Kylian Mbappe should compose the front three.
Paris Saint-Germain Probable XI:
Areola (GK), Kehrer, Silva, Marquinhos, Bernat, Sarabia, Gueye, Verratti, Di Maria, Cavani, Mbappe
Nimes FC Team News:
No missing player for Nimes.
Possible ins or outs of this game:
- Bernard Blacquart is expected to hand club debuts to new signings Ferhat, Sarr, and Philippoteaux against the defending champions.
- Behind Nimes’ incredible last season was Teji Savanier’s consistency, and Blacquart may find it hard to replace his 6 goals and 14 assists man this season.
Nimes Probable XI:
Bernardoni (GK), Alakouch, Landre, Martinez, Miguel, Bobichon, Paquiez, Valls, Ferhat, Ripart, Philippoteaux
Likely to score:
- For Paris Saint-Germain: Edinson Cavani, Kylian Mbappe
- For Nimes: Renaud Ripart, Zinedine Ferhat
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
Kylian Mbappe: At 20, he has achieved what many players can just dream of. And if you consider his age and the level he is playing these days, it’s breathtakingly unbelievable to think how much he can still improve. The very thought is haunting for every defender in the world.
- Games: 41
- Goals: 38
- Assists: 12
Edinson Cavani: The Uruguayan is already a legend in this part of the footballing world. More often than not, the 32-year-old manages to touch the 20-goal mark every season in the league.
With his height and the aerial ability, the former Napoli hitman gives PSG’s attack a totally different dimension.
- Games: 32
- Goals: 22
- Assists: 06
PSG vs NIM Dream11 potential winner:
PSG are at home and will start the match as favorites.