SEN vs TUN Dream11 Match Preview, Team News, Lineups
Senegal are just two games away from winning their first Africa Cup of Nations title. First, they have to negotiate a semi-final game against Tunisia at 30 June Stadium.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations match will be played between Senegal and Tunisia at 30 June Stadium, in Cairo, Egypt. The ground has a capacity of 30,000.
The game will start at 09:30 PM (IST), on Tuesday, July 14.
Sony Sports Network has the exclusive rights to broadcast 2019 Africa Cup of Nations matches in India. Premier members can also enjoy the live action on the official SonyLiv App.
To get exclusive fantasy tips, enter your name and phone number below.
Recent form (Last six matches)
Senegal – W W L W W W
Tunisia – W D D D W W
Senegal Team News:
- Senegal remains without their first choice goalkeeper Edouard Mendy. The 27-year-old picked up a finger injury during the warm-up before the start of the knockout phase.
- Striker M’Baye Niang suffered an ankle injury in the last game and remains a doubt.
- No other injury concern for Senegal ahead of this game.
Senegal squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations:
- Goalkeepers: Abdoulaye Diallo, Alfred Gomis, Edouard Mendy
- Defenders: Saliou Ciss, Pape Abdou Cisse, Lamine Gassama, Kalidou Koulibaly, Cheikhou Kouyate, Youssouf Sabaly, Salif Sane, Moussa Wague
- Midfielders: Keprin Diatta, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Alfred Ndiaye, Badou Ndiaye, Henri Saivet
- Forwards: Keita Balde, Mbaye Diagne, Moussa Konate, Sadio Mane, Mbaye Niang, Ismaila Sarr, Sada Thioub
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- With Mendy out, Head coach Aliou Cisse will be starting the match with Alfred Gomis in goal.
- Cisse has some selection dilemma as he looks to name his strongest XI for this game.
- Centre-back Salif Sane has recovered from the ankle injury which ruled him out from the last two group games. However, any flirtation with the backline will see Cheikhou Kouyaté dropping down to the bench. The Crystal Palace player has done relatively well and we expect him to partner Kalidou Koulibaly at the back. So, Sane may have to contend with a place on the bench.
- Lamine Gassama should start ahead of Moussa Wagué at right-back, while Youssouf Sabaly is a sure shot at left-back.
- Cisse has another decision to make which will see either Keita Balde or Ismaila Sarr starting the game on the left side of the attack.
- In case, M’Baye Niang doesn’t start the game, Cisse may look to name a false-nine here, which means, both Balde and Sarr could play on either wing with Mane playing as a forward.
Senegal Probable XI:
Alfred Gomis (GK), Wague, Koulibaly, Kouyate, Sabaly, Badou Ndiaye, Idrissa Gueye / Krépin Diatta, Keita Balde, Ismaïla Sarr, Sadio Mane, M’Baye Niang
Tunisia Team News:
- No missing players for Tunisia ahead of this game.
Tunisia squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations:
- Goalkeepers: Moez Ben Cherifia, Moez Hassen, Farouk Ben Mustapha
- Defenders: Karim Aouadi, Wajdi Kechrida, Rami Bedoui, Dylan Bronn, Mohamed Drager, Oussema Haddadi, Nassim Hnid, Yassine Meriah, Ayman Ben Mohamed
- Midfielders: Ghaylen Chaalali, Mark Lamti, Youssef Msakni (Eupen/BEL), Ferjani Sassi, Ellyes Skhiri, Naim Sliti, Bassem Srarfi
- Forwards: Anice Badri, Taha Yassine Khenissi, Firas Chaouat, Wahbi Khazri
Possible INs and OUTs of this game:
- Tunisia have exceeded the expectations in this tournament, with their players raising their games to a level not expected of them. That’s why they will most probably stick with the same squad which thumped Madagascar 3-0 in the quarterfinals.
Tunisia Probable XI:
Hassen (GK), Kechrida, Meriah, Bronn, Haddadi, Chaalali, Skhiri, Sassi, Khazri, Msakni, Khenissi